Best ground cover for campsite?

hertig

Best for what purpose? How big an area? Weather conditions you might experiance? Length of time it will be deployed vrs length of time it will be stored/transported?

BamaCorner

I have just ordered a new motor home. I am very excited and have read this forum until my eyes are crossed and I have asked some stupid questions judging from the responses and lack of responses. I am speaking of the mat or ground cover that I see just outside the entrance and under the awnings of parked motorhomes. I was planning to purchase some indoor/outdoor carpet but I thought perhaps someone would know of something that looks better, lasts longer and perhaps is easier to care for and store.

ARCHER

BamaCorner, Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of RVing. Congrats on your new MH. Regarding carpeting for outside. I bought two 6X9 foot indoor/outdoor with rubber backing carpets to use under my awning and in front of the door. Used it all winter (I was on a complete cement slab) and it worked great. Dried good and so far the backing is holding up. Only paid $15.00 for each one at MENARDS (home improvement store). Not out much if they don't stand up long, but they worked great all winter in Florida (sun and rain). I just roll them up and put them in one of my outside storage area. Good luck... :) :laugh: :cool: ;)

Kirk

We are fulltime and we find that the nylon woven mats seem to last longer than other types of mat. We had a very poor experience with the fake grass mats. The woven mats are expensive but they do not absorb water, they wear well and the store easily, even if wet.

SSBN625G-vet

Is there a national or internet source of the woven nylon mats that you have had success with? Thanks.
Frank