Beware

Tammi

Beware

I just got one too. Here's the body:
Dear lovely one,
please write me from my personal email at
(favourdamian0090@yahoo.com )
Permit me to inform you about my desire to seek for assistant from you and i got
the believe that you are going to help me out successfully. but firstly about
myself.
I am a 22 years old lady now, i was born on the 1of january 1984.to the family
of Damian.and my father name is Joseph Damian he is a very wealthy gold and
cocoa merchant who based in ACCRA and ABIDJAN respectively, and I am there
only child.well when i was a kid i went to a private schools and things were
going on well for me and my parents till when i was in high school when my
mother died on the 21ST october 1994 , My father took me so special because i
am motherless. and he shower all his love on me and promised me that he will
never have another woman because he did not want me for any problem.but has fate
his my father got dead last year.but before the death of my father on the 12th
December 2004 in a private hospital here in Abidjan , he called me secretly to
his bed side and told me that he kept a sumof $10.500 000 (ten million five
hundred thousand united states dollars) in a bank in Abidjan Cote D'ivoire.
meanwhile that he used my name as the next of kin in deposit of the fund.He also
explained to me that it was because of this money he was poisoned by his
business partner and that i should seek for foreign partner in a country of my
choice where i would transfer this money and use it for investment purpose, such
as ;real estate investment or stock market investment.
Plesae, i am honourably soliciting your kind assistance as follows.

1) To provide a bank account where this money will be transfered into.

2) To serve as the guardian of these fund ,since i am 22years old.

3)To make arrangement for me in your country to continue my educational career
and to procure me a residential permit in your country.

I am inclined to offer you 15% of the total sum as a mode of compensation for
your effort after the successful transfering of these fund to your nominated
account overseas.Please i will be very happy if this transaction will be
concluded with in seven (7) working days from now.I am expecting to hear from
you as soon as possible.
please write me from my personal email at ( favourdamian0090@yahoo.com )
May Almighty God bless you as you do care for me Amen.

Best regard

Favour Damian

turnipbwc

Beware

Tammi,
I just got the same e-mail this morning. I blocked both e-mail addresses on the letter. Hope that takes care of it. I got that same e-mail a couple months ago to. Some people are just plain stupid.. :8ball:
turnip

morsecodeham

Beware

Gee I just finished reading Ms. Damian's heartfelt letter, it brought tears to my eyes. The check is in the mail. :laugh:

C Nash

Beware

It was in my email 20 times. If I don't remember the name from the forum I look it up on the member list. She was not listed so I didn't open it. Some people need to get a life. Also beware of someone trying to sell you a flat screen tv. They have stole 300 cook stove fronts and put them in flat tv screen boxes. They will open the box and it really looks like a tv. it was on the news here and a lady had paid 300 bucks for it. Bet she is still trying to get a picture on it. :angry: :eek: . Comes complete with a wire and remote :dead:

Gary B

Beware

Hi, I got the very same e-mail today also :dead: :angry: :eek: . I marked it as spam, shes really working the membership here, lets hope no one here falls for the scam :( :disapprove: .
:) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

TexasClodhopper

Beware

My suggestion is this:
1. Click the word "Profile" in the upper right heading of the page.
2. Put in your password when prompted.
3. Look at the next item under your email address. Change it to say "No" for the question: "Allow Forum Members to Send you E-Mail?:"

The moderators here have quickly responded every time I have asked them to put away an obvious offender like this one, but unfortunately these acts are only detectable after they've happened. The moderator's quick action was why some of you couldn't find the offender on the member list; they were quickly removed.

Hey! This is a great forum!

AnotherRookie

Beware

There is also someone out there phishing who claims to be from Chase Bank. This is an otherwise very ligitimate looking email. One email claims that if you respond to an email you will get $20 deposited into your account. Another says that there have been unauthorized charges against your Chase account, and your account has been frozen, would you please provide your account information so they can restore your account. I checked with Chase customer service, and they indicated that they will never ask for this sort of thing by email. I have not yet gotten it from this forum, but have from several other forums. Chase is very aware of this scam and is doing everything they can to get it shut down, in the mean time, just preview your email, and delete anything that looks like this.

minerz

Re: Beware

It is called a 4-1-9 scam. They have been out there for years. Not only will they take your money one way or another after it is all over you will find that it is illegal and you could go to jail. Gentleman I read about lost enough to by the best DP out there. Then when his money didn't show up he went to the law. They informed him he had broken the law and they put him in jail. Of course he didn't have any more money nor a business so maybe jail afforded him a meal and a bed. I have seen a lot of internet scams. Amazing isn't it. No phone calls, no letters, no door to door, just ask for the information and there are people that will give you all the information required to be ripped off. Scams and identity theft are real bad all the time, but really starts to excalate around holidays. Good luck to all.