big mistake

weekend campers

well as you will find out after reading this we are fairly new to rv ing. We have a 08 Brookside 349 5th wheel. Took it out for the first time this week,all went well hooking up until we parked. My hubby said ok it level you can put the slides out,BIG MISTAKE did not think to look and the cabinet door next to couch slide must of came open during travel so needless to say we are having to purchase a new door,Please tell me Im not the only person that has ever done this :angry: but will check from now on :(

DL Rupper

Re: big mistake

Prepare 2 check lists to go over every time you hitch and unhitch. Close doors/cupboards before closing slides is one of our checks.
Little things like turn on propane (unhitching) Turn off propanr (hitching) Everything you do needs to be on the check list. It really helps. Happying RVing. :)

Steve H

RE: big mistake

weekend campers - 3/19/2008 Please tell me Im not the only person that has ever done this :angry: but will check from now on :(

Your not the only person to have done this! (feel better now?) :laugh:

Second time I retracted our slide, a cabinet door was slightly open...enough for the slide to catch the knob and push the door off the hinges! New hinges & screws and all was better. You can be sure I physically touch each cabinet door before retracting to this very day!

Stuff Happens!

Best Wishes and Happy Camping!

DARLING

By no means are you the only one. BUT you will not make that mistake again. Sometimes we have to learn the hard way.
Just make sure that if you travel with small pets that they are in the bathroom or in their kennel when putting slides in or out.
Darlin :cool:

DARLING

We were in outside Salisbury, MD when talking to the people across from us(seasonals), they said that the folks that had our site just before us had cought their little doggie in the slide. Several others came up to us during our 4 day stay there.
Darlin :cool:

G

now that is sad ,, poor little dog ,, now i'm glad i don't have slides ,, more to worry about :approve: :approve: :approve: :laugh: ;)

utmtman

When we were enroute home the wife decided to close our slides and failed to take the fire file box from the foot of the bed and pushed it half thru the dresser causing me to rebuild that dresser. Also we learned quickly to put the driver chair forward when putting the slideout in the frontroom out since it wll catch on the chair and pull the one wall railing off. So dont feel all alone out there some of us learn the hard way.

weekend campers

RE: big mistake

:) well comments did make me feel alittle bit better, But that poor dog if he looked as bad as my cabinet poor thing. :eek: but you are right will learn to check first.

H2H1

well weekend camper no has welcome you to the forum so let me say WELCOME :laugh: I have a ck list that go by each and everything we are out. thing for a MH cost so much to replace or repair, so all I can say is be carefull and make yourself a good ck and add to it when ever you can :laugh: :laugh: happy camping.