blinds in rv sweating

fordman

has anybody had problems with the blinds in their rv sweating to the point that water drips off of them.

ARCHER

blinds in rv sweating

Not I, but you might try to put some window tinting (the kind where you film it) on the windows by the ones that are sweating. If they all are doing it, you may have a water leak somewhere that is causing high humidity, etc. If your running the A/C, it should take a lot of the moisture out of the air after it has been on a while.
Never heard of this one. Good Luck and Welcome to the forum... ;)

C Nash

blinds in rv sweating

Hi fordman, Do you do a lot of cooking, showering in the rv? How many people are inside? What area do you camp in? The ac should remove a lot of moisture but you may have to open some vents and exhaust all the moisture outside when taking showers or cooking. What kind of rv do you have?

fordman

blinds in rv sweating

most of the cooking is done outside, sweats all the time wheather we cook or use the shower, seems to be worse when a/c is on

ARCHER

blinds in rv sweating

When the A/C is being used, do you get any evaporation coming from the coils on the roof, running down the sides, etc? If not, your coils may be corroded or plugged. Cleaned them lately? You should get a run off of the moisture that the A/C is removing from the air inside the unit. Also, make sure your filters are clean on the inside. I assume the A/C is cooling good??? :)

Krazeehorse

blinds in rv sweating

Is the condensation worse on the glass side of the blinds or the interior side? I'm guessing the windows are leaking humid air into the coach and the first thing that outside air hits is the cold blinds.

Kirk

blinds in rv sweating

Krazeehorse,

That is a good call! I read this one and have been thinking but coming up with nothing at all, based on more than 30 years of RV use. Yours is the first answer that makes any sense. I would bet that you have it.

A couple of questions, what kind of windows are they and where are you located?

fordman

blinds in rv sweating

it is a 96 coachman travel trailer, we are located in north carolina. the blinds sweat on the inside. windows don't sweat.