Blower on Furnace

Andrewb

I just got a 79 Komfort trailer and was trying to get furnace working. I lit pilot everything is ok there but can't figure out how to get blower on. Is there a seperate switch for the Heater blower?

ARCHER

Blower on Furnace

Does it have a thermostat? Does it have a circuit breaker? Is it wired for a blower? Is there a reset button somewhere on furnace for blower? Just some thoughts......welcome to the forum.....someoone should be able to answer this a lot better than me but thought I'd give a couple suggestions :) :laugh: :cool:

Kirk

Blower on Furnace

Does the furnace burner light? Some furnaces of that era did not have blowers. Also, what make and model is the furnace?

Andrewb

Blower on Furnace

The Furnace burner does light it is a Duo Therm 65920-022. I see 2 vents with ducts coming out of the furnace area. It has a thermostat just temp settings on it and it has been replaced. Im living in here full time first winter im up in the Sierra's just moved here from the Bay Area in Ca and it gets cold.

Krazeehorse

Blower on Furnace

The fan may not come on as soon as the furnace lights Have you allowed the furnace to burn for a few minutes to warm up so a limit switch can turn the fan on? Have you taken any covers off and actually seen the fan? If you can, reach in and give it a spin to see if it is free. Maybe a little well placed WD-40 is all you need.

sp

Blower on Furnace

Andrew,

I rebuilt the same series, 65900, for my 76 prowler so drop me an email and let me know what steps you have taken so far so i don't repeat anything on you.

FYI- it does have a blower fan that is connected to the combustion fan and it does have an "inline" fuse just to the right of the gas valve, kinda on the wiring housing. It is all hard to describe in writing but I have pictures if some one can tell me how to post them in a message.

sp

Blower on Furnace

andrew,

i got your message. let me know what you find out. Another gentleman was asking about a fan switch in another model, that is why that is circled. i think that is the fan switch, with the ? by it. the drawings in the owners manual are vaugue and I'm not the best at following a wiring schematic.

sp