brake buddy alert system

Don Bickel

The other day on some rv site board I saw a discussion of a cheaper way to wire a light to tell if your brake buddy is on, I've searched and searched and can't find it again, does anyone know anything about this? Thanks, DB

Gary B

brake buddy alert system

Hi Don, I made my own alert system for mine, I use a light that hangs from the rear view mirror, the BB plug ins for the alert are a switch that provides 12 VDC, what I did was use a 12 VDC relay the type for horns or lights,(wasn't sure how much power you could draw from the internal BB system) wire it so the BB activates it then took power from the cigar lighter for the light, I used a red EGG light available at truck stops or from JC Whitney, this works well I can see it in my rear view TV monitor.:)

Happy trails GB

1994 Bounder 34J
1990 Mazda B2200 / BB

Edited by - Gary B on Sep 11 2002 7:14:19 PM

Don Bickel

brake buddy alert system

Thanks Gary. DB '02 Monaco Diplomat, '01 Dodge Dakota Quad cab &'02 Grand Cherokee and new BB.

Gary B

brake buddy alert system

HI again, was going to mention and, you probaly already did this, I did my own break away switch, you can get the switch at any RV / trailer service center for about $9 or $10, then bought a 10' 2 wire extension cord from the local hdw store, cut the ends off and wired into the break away switch/the toad and the BB. You can get the plugins at Radio Shack they are called banana plugs. :)

Happy trails GB

1994 Bounder 34J
1990 Mazda B2200 / BB