Brake Controls

Just BeClaus

I am looking for a good brake control,if one brake control is better that another. I just bought a new 5th wheel and could use some feed back on this. THANKS

Gary B

Brake Controls

Hi Just BeClaus, welcome to the forum & RVing, congrats on the new 5er. There are a number of good brake controlers, depending on how much you want to spend, the Tekonsha Prodigy is problay one of the best(I have one) the Jordan Ultima is also rated as tops, have no experience, then theres the Tenkonsha Sentinal also a very good controller, it was Tekonsha's top until the Prodigy, I've used one for many years and it is good. There are others if you do a search on google you'll find many. Good luck. :) :laugh: :cool: :approve:

Just BeClaus

Brake Controls

Thank You GB I have read up on a lot of these brake controls but reading and first hand experience are two different subjects. And again Thank You for your help Just BeClaus :) :)

Shaun

Brake Controls

quote:Originally posted by Just BeClaus

I am looking for a good brake control,if one brake control is better that another. I just bought a new 5th wheel and could use some feed back on this. THANKS

The tekonsha prodigy is a great unit. As a matter of fact any of the Tekonsha brake controls are very reliable. The Tekonsha works on a pendilum system and has the fastest response time. Because of this the harder you push on the brakes the harder the trailer brakes. The other system that I know of sends an electrical pulse. Which means that when you brake no matter how hard or soft it starts at one rate and increases its braking strength every .5 seconds.
Hope this helps.

hertig

Brake Controls

I have and like the Prodigy. The Jordan is supposed to have a mechanical linkage to the brake pedal, which may or may not be an improvement over the Prodigy system

Cheyenps

Brake Controls

I also have a Prodigy.

I've had a couple of different ones over the years, but this one is the best I've ever used.