Brand New and In Need of Rv advice for Dummies

ssbryan

You should have a couple of batteries (at least) tucked around the RV. One is usually wired to just start the RV. . . .and the others are for running your lights, radio, heater, etc. Obviously, without the electric hook-up at a campsite, you will not be able to use your outlets, unless you have a generator. Normally, things like the microwave, outlets, airconditioners will only work if you have the electric hooked up or you run a generator. But. . . .your hot water heater, your fridge and your stove should all run off gas. The only thing that may sound odd is running the fridge off gas. It should have a setting for electric or gas right out in plain sight when you'r looking at it. Or . . .it might be behind the panel outside. One thing to remember when you're running your camper heater on battery power is this. If the battery runs too low throughout the night, it will not have enough juice to spark and light off the gas for the heater and the blower will continue to run without ever shutting off. Don't ask me how in the world it can have enough juice to run a blower all night and not enough to light some propane, but. . .that's what happens on mine.

manida

starrgirl5, Im in the same boat. Im about to buy an RV this weekend and dont know anything. Apparently, there's a lot to know. Good luck to you.

wish me luck as well. :approve:

C Nash

Manida, before you buy do a lot of research and looking. Ask questions? Go to NADA price guide and get some idea of fair prices. Don't buy the first rv you look at. Good luck and keep us posted

starrgirl5

Manida...
I do wish you luck also. But...there is a lot to know. I am happy with the RV that I got, I just have to learn how to use it. Agaim, good luck.

turnipbwc

Manida,
Might as well throw my 2 cents in.....Good luck to you. Check out the one you are going to buy really good before signing on that dotted line. Happy RVing.......
turnip42