bunk beds

weagles

We are looking to buy a class A motorhome for tailgating. We looked at the Four Winds Hurricane 34B We liked the extra bunk beds for increased sleeping capacity. Does anyone know of other brands that would have sleeping capacity for 8? What does everyone think about the quality of the Hurricane as an entry level coach? Thanks.

Kirk

Re: bunk beds

I would think that if all you plan to do with it is to tailgate, the Hurricane should do just fine.

weagles

RE: bunk beds

Fulltimer:
Thanks for your input. You obviously have some reservations about the Hurricane. Would you please elaborate? We are brand new at this and we would appreciate any suggestions.

hertig

I think bunk beds are mostly for children. Another option would be to get one with a hide-a-bed, sofa-bed, dinette which converts to a bed and the regular bed. Perhaps could sleep 6 or even 8 if they were small and friendly. However many beds you get, make sure you have that many safe passanger positions (with seat belts) while travelling.

Tkelly4371

There are currently many brands that have bunk beds including the Hurricane. On my lot I currently have that the Georgetown Bunkhouse as well as Damons 2 one in the Daybreak and one in the Challenger. A nice option to look into to is the bunkhouse Sunova by Winebago a little more money but definetly a quality built coach. All of these coaches tend to be between 33 and 36 feet and aren't priced to far apart. Hope this helps. If you have any questions you can email me at tkelly4371@yahoo.com