BUTANE LEAKAGE

saltwater

MY BUTANE SEEMS TO LEAK FROM TIME TO TIME. MY TRAILER IS A NEW ONE AND I WILL BE TAKEING IT BACK FOR CHECK UP. COULD I BE DOING SOMETHING WRONG.
MAYBE TRAILERS NOT EVEN ENOUGH? :( :(

Kirk

Re: BUTANE LEAKAGE

Leveling of the trailer should have no effect on a gas leak. Do you smell the gas, or is there a propane alarm going off? Just wondering why you believe that there is a leak?

One other thing, if you ever go into cold climates with your RV you should make sure that you only fill it with propane, and not butane. The reason is that if the temperature falls below freezing, butane will not change from liquid to gas, and then it just will not work.

Johnny-O

Re: BUTANE LEAKAGE

Welcome to the forum saltwater. It sounds like this is your first RV. There are 2 alarms that might be sounding off. The CO2 (Carbon Monoxide) detector or the propane detector. The smoke detector usually has it's own batt. Each one has a flashing light to tell you which one is sounding off. If your CO2 alarm is sounding off, you need to have your generator checked out or, you had an open window next to an exhaust source. The propane alarm can sound off for several reasons, A flashing red light means it has sensed an LP leak, but there are also several cleaners and solvents that will set this alarm off. If you had the carpet Scotch guarded, this will also set off this alarm till it drys completely. If the light is flashing orange or yellow, you have a low battery voltage and the batt. need to be charged. Hope this little bit of info helps ;) The Boz