Buying a 5th wheel

Kathleen

I will be buying a new 5th wheel within the next two months to live out of full-time. The two that I'm intrigued by are: The Holiday Rambler Presidential and Select Suites made by Doubletree (brand new line this year - a category below Elite Suites). Does anyone have an opinion on either of these or can you recommend something else to me that is a luxury 5th wheel but around the $50,000 - $60,000 range that has a good reputation? Thank you in advance for your help.

Also, is there a consumer report that rates RV's?

ARCHER

Buying a 5th wheel

You know you can probably get a used (like new) one for about 30-40 and be just as happy and probably have all the bugs worked out. On the other hand, if you've got that kind of bucks to spend, it probably doesn't matter. I assume you have camped/rv'd before so hopefully you know what your getting into going full time. Welcome to the forum and good luck.

turnipbwc

Buying a 5th wheel

I am with Archer on this one. You can save a bunch on buying used but you will have to shop around. If your last name is Trump then I would go ahead and buy new and if you have that much $$$$ then you need to hire me as a driver. :bleh:
turnip

Kathleen

Buying a 5th wheel

Thank you to both Archer and turnip 42. I have looked at all sorts of new and used 5th wheels (and have been for weeks) and I really do like alot of the used ones and like you said, I could definitely save alot of $. However, I need a specific floor plan to be able to operate my business out of, and only the newer ones seem to have it. The one dealer has come down $15,000 on one, and the other dealer has come down over $20,000. So, I guess we all know how much these rigs are marked up! Thanks again for the great advice.

Archer, I currently own a Class C and love to camp as often as I can, but I never have been a full-timer. Can you fill me in on what you mean by hoping I know what I'm getting in to going full-time- I know I have alot to learn and would love to hear from someone that could fill me in.

Thanks a million for both of your comments. I truly appreciate the help.

ARCHER

Buying a 5th wheel

Kathleen,
Check this forum on older posts......lot of posts regarding full time suggestions, etc. Fulltiming is not for everyone, but many do it and love it. Do a search on this subject here and you will get a lot of the pros and cons of going full time.
I wish you luck and happy travels. :) :laugh: :cool: ;)