Buying an rv

RRV

Hi I’m new to this forum - I live in the uk and used to owed a fleetwood revolution over here. I’m now contemplating buying an RV in America and leaving it over there.

im pretty sure I can visit the USA every year for about 6 months a year without too much difficulty- but happy to receive any advice on this.

My questions are

1. what’s the best website to start my research - I’ve been looking on RV trader

2. what’s the best dealer(s) to checkout

3. depending where I buy may depend on where I store it - but would welcome any help or advice on storage

4. any advice on buying from an individual rather than a dealer!

thanks

John

helloDog

*craigslist dot org for used campers.
*no, just no about dealers.
*storage areas abound in America. You pay more for storage near cities or population areas than rural areas. You pay less if parking on grass or gravel, but then ants will be a problem. Ants love to crawl up into the vehicle electrical relays and die, and that kills the relays. At one point I was spending more on relays that it would cost to just pay the storage lot fee and park on pavement. I paid to park after that....
*RVs are junk. Likely you will be buying water-damaged something whether small damage or large, whether the seller even knows about it or not. If you can buy one that has been stored under a cover that is huge. Sellers like to drive to a covered barn, take the pics and hope you are stupid enough to believe that this is where the camper was always parked. Beware.

Are you buying motor home or a trailer? The advice depends...

RRV

*craigslist dot org for used campers.
*no, just no about dealers.
*storage areas abound in America. You pay more for storage near cities or population areas than rural areas. You pay less if parking on grass or gravel, but then ants will be a problem. Ants love to crawl up into the vehicle electrical relays and die, and that kills the relays. At one point I was spending more on relays that it would cost to just pay the storage lot fee and park on pavement. I paid to park after that....
*RVs are junk. Likely you will be buying water-damaged something whether small damage or large, whether the seller even knows about it or not. If you can buy one that has been stored under a cover that is huge. Sellers like to drive to a covered barn, take the pics and hope you are stupid enough to believe that this is where the camper was always parked. Beware.

Are you buying motor home or a trailer? The advice depends...

Hi - thanks for the info - it looks like the buying process is very similar to over here - buyer beware :)

My last RV (Fleetwood Rev used in the UK and Europe) was really badly effected by water ingress - I replaced the entire bedroom wall - the wall from the front door to the kitchen - the wall by the driver and the entire living room slide out ! What a job - but it was fantastic when I finished it :)

I'm looking to buy an A Class Diesel - but not sure to go for a nearly new or higher spec older like the Newmar, provost etc...

My plan is to come over to America and take a look around and I'm pretty sure ill see what I want and ill know what I want when I see it.

My storage plans would be covered electrified storage