Buying MH on EBay

spat61

Is it a good idea to buy a MH on EBay? If so, can anyone suggest tips on what to look for and any suggestions in general. Thank you.

DL Rupper

Re: Buying MH on EBay

Personally I wouldn't buy any RV without a up close and personal inspection to make sure all of the appliances, drive train, suspension ect. worked and there were no structual defects. Would you buy a house on E-Bay? A motorhome is a small house on wheels. :laugh:

s.harrington

If you can save $10,000 by buying on e-bay and have that much to put in it just in case go for it. If you buy one with a bad engine or tranny, refer, stove , furnace, ect. you will have enough money to fix it. Of course with a diesel you will have to save 3 times as much.

Your Old Dog

s.harrington - 11/19/2006 1:51 AM

If you can save $10,000 by buying on e-bay and have that much to put in it just in case go for it. If you buy one with a bad engine or tranny, refer, stove , furnace, ect. you will have enough money to fix it. Of course with a diesel you will have to save 3 times as much.

That's how I looked at it last week when I bought my tow vehicle. I read the guys feedbacks and looked at some of the items he sold by clicking on the blue number in the feedback area. This guy has good feedback on $65,000 items so I had no problem taking a chance on him. He put a myriad of pictures up there and shots of every little bump or scratch so I have to believe he is coming clean. He has a downpayment from me and will get the rest when I eyeball the truck and take it for a spin. I don't expect any trouble. The feedback is the key in my opinion. If the guy has a good track record on expensive items why should you think he will take you? :)