Buying tires

k32rem

We're needing to replace all six tires on our '95 Fleetwood Bounder diesel. For safety's sake, should we stick to the tires recommended for our RV (over $200/ea. for both steering & traction tires), or is there another route we can go to save money without compromising safety? We do some over the road driving and some short trip driving. We don't go over any mountains at this point, but do have the opportunity to climb some hills in Pennsylvania.

Gary B

Buying tires

Hi k32rem, you don't have to buy Mich. if you don't want to, there are many other brands that are just as good. When we had our Bounder I replaced all the tires with Kumho commerical tires for about 1/2 of what Mich. would have been. I'd check out Goodyears, BF Goodrich, Bridgestone, Toyo's Yokohoma's Kumho's etc, get the same tire size, load range rating and you'll be go to go. :) :laugh: :bleh: :approve:

k32rem

Buying tires

Thanks for the tips! We'll check out the other makes of tires and see what we can come up with.

Pumpa

Buying tires

Hi,
Don't overlook Big "O" tires. I put four new Big "O" tires on my rear axlelast fall and although I have only put 5,000 miles on them they seem to be running just great. :)