Buying used m/home

texas_42

I would like to get some thoughts from all you ladys and gents that have been doing 5th wheel or m/home much longer than me. We have a little over 2 yrs until retirement and can't make our mind up on what we want. What are your thoughts on a used (2-3 yr. old n/h) and save some funds. I am thinking the same thing on a one ton and 5th wheele. Will appreciate any suggestions...thanks

RayinTampa

Buying used m/home

Tell ya what I did. I have a friend in the Automobile business. He took me to the Auction where I looked over about 100 Motorhomes to be auctioned of. I picked out 3 or 4 I liked, set a price limit I was willing to pay based on research I had done on the internet, and turned him loose bidding on them. I bought a 34 ft 1994 Damon Ultrasport that looks brand new, new fridg, carpet, tires and too many upgrades to list with 38,000 miles for $17,100.00. I figure I'll use it a year or two and if I want to quit I should be able to sell for what I have in it. I don't figure I can lose with this deal. Now I had to pay the friend a commission to do the deal and I still had the ole tax, tag,title routine but all said and done I was out the door for $20,000.00