C B's

treeohtree

Many Years ago, when I was RV'ing around the country, CB radios were very popular and constantly monitored by most folks. I was wondering if that was still true today. If so, what are the popular channels for RVers and are the "Rachet Jaws" still active?

grouchman

C B's

There is a push on some sites for RV’ers to use Channel 13, I leave mine set to that channel except when I check the weather. I do not hear much traffic from RVs on that channel.

Enjoy the trip

John

Cliff

C B's

I have read somewhere that Channel 13 is the "Full Timers" channel, but couldn't confirm that in one way or the other. I'm not shy about the content that comes out of the radio, so I listen to channel 19 when traveling. But then again, my day job is truck driver!

*C*

Chaos reigns within. Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

www.gonecamping.net

djgarcia

RE: C B's

treeohtree - 2/26/2002 3:47 AM

Many Years ago, when I was RV'ing around the country, CB radios were very popular and constantly monitored by most folks. I was wondering if that was still true today. If so, what are the popular channels for RVers and are the "Rachet Jaws" still active?

Channel 17 for the west coast and ch. 19 for the rest of the U.S. In 20 yrs. I have not be able to reach any RVers on Channel 13. Ch. 13 was an idea with good intentions but it never caught on with RVers. Personally, I find road conditions (accidents, road hazzards, alternate routes to take) information useful and I get this information from truckers. RVers can either turn the volume down or turn the squelch knob up when they don't choose to listen.
Breaker, Breaker!

TexasClodhopper

Re: C B's

Well, djgarcia, you have gained the record! Previous to this the record was 4 years.

Your record for reviving an old thread of posts is 5 years! YEA! ;) :laugh:

Welcome to the forum and good things to ya for reading the forum so thoroughly! (Kinda like trying to reach the end of the Internet, isn't it? :) )

C Nash

Dang Tex, nothing gets by you :laugh: CBs still great for traffic problems and I have never talked to another rver on 13 but, maybe thats because I never tried. :eek: :laugh:

ARCHER

I use to like CBs for traveling because the truckers would help me stay awake driving at night (fun to listen to some of the comments and stories being told). When they got a little "bad", I'd either just turn it off or change channels. I have one in my Class A now, but hardly ever have it on, cause I can't hear anymore so it is of little use to me now.

TexasClodhopper

Chelse, I guess I just like history! ;)

HEY, ARCHER! CAN YOU HEAR THIS? :evil: :)

You are soon going to get to the forum's 1000 Post Club!

You will join the ranks of those grand posters Chelse, hertig, and DL!

Get ready to get your free prize! ;) :laugh:

ARCHER

Tks Tex,
I hope the prize is (1) New Class A top of the line w/a 4 down lux auto and (2) New Top of the line 5r w/3400 dully and (3) Summer cottage on lake with boat. Can hardly wait. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DL Rupper

Channel 13? Never heard another RV'er on it in 12 years. I used to monitor it, but not any more. Love to hear those nasty old truckers talk, when I'm not listening to Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We use a portable CB plugged into the 12 V auxiliary plug to keep up on traffic when we are on the Interstate system. When I talk to the truckers, I never let them know I'm the one in the CAMPER up ahead they are talking about. :eek: :bleh: