cable connection

s&mtaylor

Sorry for the simple questions but i just purchased a 2008 jayco jayflight g2 25rks and have hooked up a standard coax to the box on the post outside and i cant get a clear picture. the neighbor switched his cable to my connection and gets a perfect picture. any suggestions?
Also, when dumping the black and grey water, what do you have to do to open and close the valves? i've read through the entire manual and its quite unclear...They tend to go over this stuff quick at the time of delivery.

elkhartjim

Re: cable connection

Welcome to the forum. Did he switch his cable from your box on the post or from his box? If used your box...sounds if though you have a bad cable or if other way round...you have a bad connection on the post.

When dumping...pull the slide valve that will be in a compartment outside. Make sure your sewer hose is connected. I leave my valves closed until the tanks are at least half full. Open the black tank valve first...it will be the larger valve and let drain, then open the smaller valve, gray water to rinse the drain hose. You may have a rinse valve for your holding tank????? Hope this helps.

s&mtaylor

Thank you for the response. I purchased a new 50' coax from radio shack and attatched it to my trailer and then to the campsite connection. my camping neighbor unhooked his cable from his connection and connected to my connection and recieved a great signal.
as for the black and grey, the knobs are already extended so that i can see the shiney metal.am i safe to remove the black cap on the trailer?

elkhartjim

RE: cable connection

NO...do not remove black cap. If you can see the silver rods, that means the valve is open. Push the handle in then remove the cap...you will have some liquid
icon_smile_shock.gif
icon_smile_dead.gif
in the line so be prepared. I'm assuming your tanks have been used
icon_smile_sad.gif
. Attach the sewer hose then open the valves as I stated in prior post.

s&mtaylor

thank you. i pushed one of the rods in but the other one is firm. now both are in as far as possible. i will attatch the hose and give it a whirl....thanks for helping a first-timer. very much appreciated!

elkhartjim

RE: cable connection

Are you okay
icon_smile_question.gif
icon_smile_question.gif

Has anyone mentioned disposable gloves for performing this task
icon_smile_question.gif
icon_smile_sad.gif
icon_smile_shock.gif
icon_smile_dead.gif
You can get'em at Wally World or any drugstore. Look in the first aid section or in paint suppplies.

DL Rupper

s&mtaylor, welcome to the forum. The only thing I can add to the good advice Jim gave you is to spray the cable connections (inside the little hole) at the RV park post with WD-40. Sometimes that will help get you a better connection. Also, I would try a shorter cable. I usually carry a 10 foot and 20 foot cable. I use the shortest one that will reach. If I have to, I can connect the 2 cables together to reach farther.

H2H1

hello and welcome, I read that passed post and some like mine has a TV box that controls the bat wing antenna and cable, plus there is a power booster switch that must be on, a green light will be on WHEN THE SWITCH IS ON. Also do go get you some latex gloves and sanitizer and keep them in the sewer connection bin. If you have anymore problem please post back as there are some very smart people in this forum that give you help and advice

G

damn u Hollis ,, u beat me to the response on the cable thingy ,, mine works the same as u'rs ,, has a slide switch , one way is cable ,, the other way is antenna ,, but i got one up on u ,, since i put in the dvd player ,, and it has one of those converter boxes ,, u know ,, no coax just red,yellow,white plugs ,, anyway ,, if it isn't powered up ,, my cable is fuzzy ;) :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

s&mtaylor

wow! you guys are awsome! however after closing the "grey tank" valve (which is on the left hand side of the 3"drain pipe and not blue in color ) the water continues to run out. i kept the lid on just enough to let some water escape but it kept coming no matter if the valve was pushed in or pulled out. Please help with this...If you own one of these tt model 25rks, help me find my way......i'll be cleaning up in the meantime. :dead:

G

i seen in the last post ,, that u had trouble shutting off one of the valves ,, it would not close ,, or it was hard to close ,, (i think that was it ) ,, which one was hard to close ,, the left or right ??? My MH tanks are set up this way ,, Black tank on the left ,, gray tank on the right ( now that is looking at the valves ) but sounds like u might have something lodged in the flap or just a bad valve ,, post us back on this ,,and welcome to the forum ,, sorry i forgot to tell u this on my post :( :)