Campgrounds Northern California and South

OldTymer

Anyone with a favorite to recommend for campgrounds for a 5er in and around Crescent City, Oxnard, and San Diego, California please post. How close into Los Angeles can you get and park a 5er for two weeks? I hope we can find a reasonable rate offering full hookup for elect, sanitation station and grub available at a local store within 5 miles. We'll probably be going north to Seattle also, so if anyone has a favorite plop spot that won't break the bank north or south bound along the pacific coast please let me know.

KrazyJay

Campgrounds Northern California and South

As for the Southern Calif area..... no help.

If you follow up 101 instead of highway 1 there are a number of good spots along the way in California, as it puts you close enough to cross over to 1 around Monterey and has better facilities (fuel). North of San Franscisco Highway 1 can get interesting and is slow to travel, but again you can jump between the 2 highways as needed.

Both Oregon and Washington have awesome State Parks at very reasonable rates, some with full hook-ups. Last time I checked they had them on the web.

Enjoy the trip.