campgrounds

biker

we are going to the blue ridge mts this august, gonna ride the ultra up and down the pkwy, we want to stay around the roanoke area, anyone tell us a reasonable place to stay, 40 ft sunnybrook toyhauler,

brodavid

Re: campgrounds

I agree with Hollis , Ken lives in Bedford Va and also stop on and see his store

Grandview Trailer Sa

Biker,
My store is just about 25 miles from Roanoke or around 15 where the Blue Ridge Parkway crosses Rt. 460. Come on by!!

There are some Campgrounds on the Parkway, but at the Peaks of Otter, I doubt you could get a 40' in. Otter Creek could probably hold you in a couple of spaces. If you have a generator, you could stay overnight at my place or the Visitor Center just 4 miles down the road from me. They have hookups, but not sure what they charge. I can find out if your interested.

biker

RE: campgrounds

thanks ken, we plan on staying for about a week so we would like to find one place to camp. thought there would be a campground nearby?

Grandview Trailer Sa

There are a few campgrounds around, but not close in Bedford. The Visitor Center would let you stay a week and they have full hook ups.

Near Roanoke you have the Dixie Cavern Campground. They are right off I-81, but not the best of places.

Closer in Roanoke, but actually Salem, there is Salem Village Campground. They have a lot of permanents but keep it clean. I don't know if they do short term or not.

There is a new Campground near Smith Mountain Lake, but you would have about a 30 min. drive into Roanoke.

biker

thanks ken, how do i get in contact with the visitor center? any ameneties there or just parking spots, i would like to come see your dealership and probably would stay overnight there then go to the visitor center

Grandview Trailer Sa

Biker,
The Welcome Center has their number on Facebook, so I hope they don't mind me posting it here....

540-587-5681

They have some interesting items in the center, but mainly just spaces there. The D-Day Memorial is right behind the center and there is a lot around here.

biker

thank you ken we will be in touch with you, our plans are for the wk of 7/14 so g-d willing we will hit the road

biker

sorry ken, week of 8/14, we will call or email, thanks for the info we will keep in touch thanks

akjimny

Neal - While you are in the area are you going to ride the Tail of the Dragon? I'm looking forward to it after the Meet & Greet in October. Hope the weather stays nice.

H2H1

Hey Biker, Ken is on his way taking a large park model trailer to PA. he may notbe back for a day or 2. He will get your message

G

Jim i can take u right where the dragon begins ,, that way u get the full experience :approve: :approve:

biker

jim, yes we want to ride the dragon, when will you guys be out there, we hope to do alot of riding, im leaving today with the grandkids taking them to newburg ny koa

akjimny

Well, with the Meet & Greet being the 7th, 8th and 9th of October, I hope to ride the Dragon on the 10th, then head out to Florida on the 11th. From looking at the map, I think that's do-able. I sure hope so.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Biker,
Wildwood is a good place, but rumor has it just sold...don't have any idea who bought it or if it is a rumor. It is 30-40 mins from my store.

biker

ok ken thanks for the info we will see where we end up, we will stop in when we land, thanks for all the info