Camping and skiing

lindanoc

I'm looking for good campgrounds in the Mid-Atlantic region that are convenient to ski resorts (preferably Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia). I would also be interested in suggestions for camping on a ski vacation.

Flyboy

Camping and skiing

I know it's not one of the states you had listed, however, in the high country of North Carolina there are several ski resorts. There is only one campground that is open year round. It is Grandfather Mountain Campground. We have taken our coach there on several ski trips. It is about an 8-10 minute drive to Sugar Mountain Ski Resort. Sugar is, in my opinion, the best one in the area. Main run in 1.5 miles with a 1,200' descent and can be ran as black diamond or intermediate and the lower part is a beginner slope. The campground is OK and full hook-ups are available. Reservations will be required. There are more and more people hanging out there in the winter months than there used to be! I hope this is of some value to you. If you would like any additional details about the campground or ski resorts please feel free to let me know. Take care!