Camping World

Terry6

I recently ordered a Banks Power System from Camping World in La Mirada, California. While waiting for my new tow bar to be installed on my tow car,I met a gentleman that said the Banks Power System was a good system, but to be sure to get a heat shield for my starter because without one, my starter would get damaged, and that Banks had one for sell. I contacted Banks and they said that a metal shield on the header would be included with the system. He went on to tell me that Camping World was no longer a Banks distributor because they had to many problems with their installations. He also said that I could come to their shop to buy and have it installed. I have already paid Camping World for the System and installation. My question is, has anyone had any experience with the Camping World installing a Banks Power System on their truck or motorhome, and were you happy with their service. I know this may be a case of, "You pay your money and take your chances" with either place. Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Butch

Camping World

I would never install a Bank$ to begin with. There are too many other equal performers out there for considerably less money. BUT to your question, I have had some sad experiences with a few Camping World so called tech's. They will never put another wrench to a vehicle I own...

Terry6

Camping World

Butch, You really need to say how you feel :laugh: I can see you shoot from the hip and I appreciate it. Thanks and Best Reguards, Keep it right side up. Terry

patnchris

Camping World

Banks makes a high quality product that is designed and tested to produce HP and torque at a low RPM range, unlike many other header systems that are designed for racing and/or street rods. Also Banks makes a complete tuned system. To my knowledge they are the only ones that due this. All others,that i know of are made from a piece of this and a part of that. When it comes to building HP and Torque at low RPM's there's a lot more to it than just bigger and less restriction. I'm not saying that a good system can't be designed around someone elses headers. What I'm saying is that unless you have a lot of experience designing engines/intake/exhaust systems for specific applications, then going with Banks is a no brainer...They take away all the guesswork and get it right the first time.....Pat

Terry6

Camping World

Thanks pantchris, Banks, from everything I've read is the most complete system on the market. Since my post I ran into a problem with the valves. While changing my valve cover gasket I found one of the ports for the push rods is closed off. Better to find it out at home than on the road. Thanks again. Terry

Terry6

Camping World

I check with my mechanic and he said that the push rods are ok, he said that this is a normal thing for an engine with the kind of miles I have on it. The Banks system has been installed, everything seem good, and I can see that the motorhome has more power.

janicenlarry

Camping World

Terry, I had a complete Banks system including TransCommand and engine chip installed by CW in Denton, TX 3 yrs ago and I have been very happy with both the installation and the performance of the system. I think that Banks has it all over other imitators. Generally speaking, about CW, I dont think much of any of their mechanics and I wont let them do work on my unit. Frankly, if I have real problems, I go to the mfg (Winnebago in my case) where treatment is great and work is done correctly. I also have little faith in RV dealers in general as well.

Terry6

Camping World

Good advice janlarmil, glad to hear that your happy with your Banks System. Thank you, Terry