Can you help us from theUK?

Glyn

We are considering buying an RV and using it for our trips to the US.
We would like to be able to fly into one airport and then drive one way for 2 weeks to another airport,then store the RV until our next trip.(We intend to start visiting the US 3 times a year, been twice this year so far.) Is storage easily available and what is the average cost for say 30ft.Lots more questions to follow about purhasing an RV, insurance etc etc :)

Mommajo

Best suggestion would be to check the airports you think you'd be leaving the RV near when you're ready to go home, and look up RV storage facilities near them on the internet. You could check prices that way, and make reservations both I would think.

Good luck, and enjoy our sites! :cool:

Glyn

Thanks for the reply Mommajo. We are restricted to major airports as we would fly from Manchester.I suppose I will have to do some homework to arrange our vacations I just hoped by joining this forum I could get some Ideas. :)

hertig

You could probably take a short flight from the 'major' airport to any airport you wanted to. Major airports tend to be in big cities, which tend to not have storage or have storage at premium price. I'd say most 'major' airports have at least 1 small airport an hour or less away, out in the sticks where the storage is plentiful and/or cheap.

Storage cost would depend on location, inside or out, degree of climate control and amount of access. Storing outside is often cheapest, but your unit is subject to weathering, creepy crawlies and theft/vandalism.

If you find the 'perfect storage' place or even better 2 of them far apart, you could do different round trips or one way trips between them, without the hassle and risks of finding a new storage place each trip.