Carefree Awning

vanole

I have a Navy buddy visiting and was out looking at his M/H. Noticed the awning above his front entrance door appears to have slid forward. If you are looking at the awning there appear to be two end caps for lack of a better word with screws around the outer edges. The forward part of the awning and awning cover appears to have slid forward past the front end cap. There is a space abut 1.5-2 inches between the rear end cap and the awning.

Its awful hot today and was wondering if any of you have any ideas on how to approach a fix on this?

I've never seen this happen before and was wondering how big a job this maybe. Hopefully it just opening the awning, sliding it back somhow and tightening it. Or is there something you may have to loosen to move it back then retighten?

Jeff

H2H1

Re: Carefree Awning

Hi Jeff, I bet Rod or Ken will be able to help you out with that. They should be on later and I am sure they will answer your question.

Triple E

Jeff, if all else fails you can call Carefree. I have had to call them twice on a problem and they were more then helpful. Carefree also over night the parts that I needed with no charge. :cool:

vanole

Triple E,

I went on their website and looked in the "Contact Us" area and none of the links work nor did I see a phone number. I will look again and then will see if he has any literature/manuals with him. My awnings are by girad and don't look anything like his. Drats...

Jeff

Duh.. When all else fails scroll down and you shall find

Triple E

Ok Jeff I found the number and have PM'ed it to you. :cool: Good luck and lets us know how it turns out.

vanole

Triple E (Steve),

I will give them a ring in the morning. I got up on a ladder and took a look at it. It appears that it is the awning cover that slid forward. The gap of the fabric on each end of the roller bar looks to be the same. I tried albeit not very hard nor much thought put into it on just sliding the cover to the rear but it did not budge.

Will crawl up and give it a good look in the morning before I call the folks. Also will look at all the manuals so I use proper treminology with them on the phone.

Most importantly though Steve thank-you for the number, I really appreciate it.

Very Respectfully,
Jeff

vanole

Called Carefree pretty much got the party line take it in to one of their reps here in Va Beach. However they gave me an idea what to look for. Looked at what they mentioned and determined that was not the problem. What I did discover was that in the channel that holds the awning cover in place are two screws (one on each end) that prevent the cover from sliding past the end of the awning. The forward screw was set too low allowing the cover to slide forward.

I checked to make sure the screw did not penetrate the sidewall of the M/H which it did not. Along with my buddy with quite a bit of tugging we were able to move the cover back in place and back the forward screw out enough so that it holds the cover in place. Then we took the M/H to the nearest "Quarles card-loc" station and put some fuel in it in prep for his departure on Saturday. Awning stayed in place so hopefully problem is solved.

Jeff

Triple E

Just wondering?? :question: How many beers did it take to get it done? :laugh: :clown: :eek:

vanole

Steve,

Dave (buddy) had 2 while he sidewalk supervised and I am almost ashamed to admit it but I don't drink anymore (quit in 87). Once again Steve thanks for the Carefree number I'm putting it in my book of other RV stuff nevr know when you may need it again.

V/R
Jeff

Triple E

Hey I understand. I quite in 97. :( Anyway, you are very welcome. :cool: You have helped me out a few times. :approve: It is nice to have a forum like this to help solve our problems. ;)