Careful where you buy

Wayne Gill

Be very careful which dealer you purchase an RV from. We settled on B & R in Theodore Alabama and boy are we sorry. Took new camper in with list of 5 things to fix and 1 of 5 actually got repaired to our satisfaction. Recently had the third air conditioner installed in less than 23 months and now the service manager has an attitude with us like we choose to keep having things go wrong. Be very careful and research a dealer before buying.

C Nash

Welcome to the forum Wayne. Why 3 ACs/ What was the problem with them? What were the other problems that were not solved. We like to hear reports ofdealers that dont step up but also like more details on why and what?

frankgibbons

Be very careful which dealer you purchase an RV from. We settled on B & R in Theodore Alabama and boy are we sorry. Took new camper in with list of 5 things to fix and 1 of 5 actually got repaired to our satisfaction. Recently had the third air conditioner installed in less than 23 months and now the service manager has an attitude with us like we choose to keep having things go wrong. Be very careful and research a dealer before buying.
You shared your painful experience in 2015 and they're still continuing their business with the same damn care attitude with their customers at the present time. I'm sharing one of my friend's experience in 2018. I was with my friend when he went to that shop to purchase an RV.

He lives in CT and had it shipped from Alabama. The sales rep John Dredge promised that although my friend buying a 2013 RV model but it had been brought up to 2018 standards. Meaning all of the appliances would be in working order and it would be clean.

Anyway, upon the vehicle received the driver informed 2 things, both bathrooms holding tanks were full and needed to be emptied. I was present with my friend the whole time.

And the screen door was missing. My friend immediately called John Dredge, the day of delivery and informed him that the holding tanks were full of human waste.

In the meantime, I informed Tracey the owner, they both just said " I don't know how that could be" They offered no apologies or resolutions.

About the missing screen door, John sent one after a month of repeated phone calls, it arrived bent on several places.

Fast forward to 11 months later, they have not replaced the screen, and resolving the holding tanks was a nightmare, my friend had to pay a plumber to shop vac someone else's feces out in order to get the bathrooms in working order. It cost over $1000. As it stands he is still trying to resolve the sliding screen door 11 months later. As they told they will not replace the Screen that arrived bent upon arrival. In addition...when we tested the oven fan it blew on the first attempt, also the ceiling fan wasn't working.

The lesson. If you buy an RV from them check the holding tanks, it's a nightmare if they're full, check every electrical component.

They'll say anything to sell it. But they will do everything in their power to not resolve anything, immediately after purchase. And definitely don't buy from them, if you're from out of state.