Carlisle Tires

PickupmanX2

Carlisle Tires

I don't agree with your hot-weather BS, yeah tires blow more often in heat, that's what causes them to FAIL 90% of the time, however, with a WELL made tire, the manufacturer takes into account the extremes to be encountered and builds a WELL made tire accordingly. Don't get me wrong, if you don't check your tire pressure daily while your towing, your an idiot asking for tire failure. I just had 2 Carlisle tire failures, due to faulty tires, not heat....it was raining and 48 degrees! We are the USA, we put people in space, we build tires that allow you to drive to where-ever, and when-ever you want, regardless of heat, time of day or what-not, I didn't have any blow-outs in Saudi in 90 and 91, and it gets plenty warm there.....and we really didn't have the option of driving when it was coolest in the morning....the Marine Corps has different ideas about that! ooo-rah!! Yes, it is a good suggestion, but by now means does it increase your odds "exponentially".
Happy Campin ya'll!

PickupmanX2

Carlisle Tires

I don't agree with your hot-weather BS, yeah tires blow more often in heat, that's what causes them to FAIL 90% of the time, however, with a WELL made tire, the manufacturer takes into account the extremes to be encountered and builds a WELL made tire accordingly. Don't get me wrong, if you don't check your tire pressure daily while your towing, your an idiot asking for tire failure. I just had 2 Carlisle tire failures, due to faulty tires, not heat....it was raining and 48 degrees! We are the USA, we put people in space, we build tires that allow you to drive to where-ever, and when-ever you want, regardless of heat, time of day or what-not, I didn't have any blow-outs in Saudi in 90 and 91, and it gets plenty warm there.....and we really didn't have the option of driving when it was coolest in the morning....the Marine Corps has different ideas about that! ooo-rah!! Yes, it is a good suggestion, but by now means does it increase your odds "exponentially".
Happy Campin ya'll!

s.harrington

Carlisle Tires

The problem with carlisle tires is that if you let them get just a little low on pressure they can blow out. And when they do the company will not warranty them. If you have a blowout you have to send the tire or tires back to carlisle at your expense so that their lab can look at them and tell you why they blew. It's always the same, your pressure was too low. I hope you have flats and not blowouts that way you can get some good tires (Toyo).

Grandview Trailer Sa

Carlisle Tires

My tire was not low. In fact we had just gotten the trailer state inspected. In less than 10 miles after, it blew. In the end, Carlise called me and told me to destroy the 6 tires they replaced and they did not want them back. All it cost me was the charge to mount them. I know they are not the best tires made and I probably would not buy them, but all 6 of the new ones are still there and inflated.