CB Antenna Lead location on new 2008 Southwind

jimcathy21502

I just bought a Southwind on a Workhorse chassis. It is supposed to be "CB Ready", and there is an antenna on the roof. I can not locate the end of the antenna wire inside the coach. I suspect it should be under the dash, but I haven't been able to locate it.
Any available help would HELP.
Thanks,
Jim Coleman, Lake Forest, CA

G

RE: CB Antenna Lead location on new 2008 Southwind

look real good under the dash and near the fuse block ,, they tie these things up with other wires when they install the extras ,, u may also have to look in the front of the coach ,, they tie them up there also ,, u never know about these beast and how there built ,, most are wired for this and that ,,, but u may find out that they just stuck an antenna up there and never ran the cable for the cb ,, on my MH,, 97 Alegro Bus ,, it has phone jacks all thru the coach ,, any way ,, when i did use the phone line at a CG ,, i found only one jack worked ,, the one in the kitchen area ,, got home and did some investigating ,,, and found out that ,, yep the jacks are there ,, but there was never any phone line ran to them ,, agian probs with every rv :eek: ;) :approve: :approve: :)

Bty ,, welcome to the forum :cool:

jimcathy21502

RE: CB Antenna Lead location on new 2008 Southwind

Thanks for the info. I found it tied up under the center of the dash.
All is well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H2H1

Re: CB Antenna Lead location on new 2008 Southwind

hi Jim, I also have a SOUTH WIND, But I see that Rod pointed you in the direction on where to look. I know mine was way under the dash. I found it by accident. You see, I am having a 12 volt electrical problem with my cigarette and accessories lighter outlets not working, They just stopped and I use them for my GPS & SAT radio. I know it's a ground problem , but finding it is the devil. BTW welcome to the forum.

TexasClodhopper

Hollis, most 12v cig receptacles are grounded right where they are mounted. Their outside housing is the ground connection. Unless you have a plastic dash.

H2H1

Yes I do have plastic dash TEX so looking for the proper ground is going to be tough. I have though about having it re wired for just those items. But need to keep full time hot.

G

Hollis ,, find the ground ,, tex was talking about and run it under the dash to say the steering column ,, or the e-brake bracket ,, those make good grounds :approve: :approve: :approve:

H2H1

I am going to replace both of them today, hoping to take care of that problem. if not I will have it rewired before we head out on May 3.

G

well i should be right behind u ,, if u leave May the 3rd then i leave may the 20th ,, for 2weeks on the gloryous beach of SC one week in MB and the next in Folly beach ,, I AM MORE THAN READY to go ,, and bty are we there yet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :evil: :evil:

jimcathy21502

Hi to all of you. Travel safely. We will be hitting the road towards the end of the month for San Antonio, Knoxville, and Syracuse NY to see kids, grandkids, friendsand family. Will retirn to SoCal sometime in September. Thanks again for the tips and info.
Jim Coleman
Lake Forest, CA
2008 Southwind 34G
:) :)

G

too u have a safe trip also ,, and please post us back on u'r trip's lows and highs ,, we like to know ;) :approve: :approve: :approve:
Besure to look out for the i40 fix when u come thru Knoxville ,, I40 is shut down part of the way thru ,, but they have a bypass that will guide u thru ... ;) :approve: :approve: