CB Channels:

C Nash

Re: CB Channels:

13 is considered to be the chanel used by rvers but, I have never talked to anyone on 13. I think most just monitor 19.

hertig

I have a scanner in my CB. Generally I only hear stuff on 6 (often Spanish) and 19 (often cussing). Usually not very useful due to atmospheric interferance (particularly with the relatively poor antennas on fiberglass RVs). But it comes in handy when there is a problem on the road to find out what is going on and the best way through it (channel 19).

Kirk

I gave up on my CB. I don't think that it has been on in about three years. Never once got an answer on ch. 13 and I tried that off and on for about ten years. I have on occasion listened to 19 but the language has gotten so bad that I just turned it off and a time back I had to move it to do some work and have never put it back in.

Willynojob

Thank you Chelse, John, and Kirk for the info on CB radio channels. The CB came with our MH, with cell phones, etc., I/we most likely would not have purchased one.

This is good info to know, we will hit the road for the first time in January and I'm trying to learn as much as possible before now and then.

Thanks again,

Willynojob