CCC = cargo Carrying Capacity

Meadow Muffin

We have a Keystone Everest 32 footer 5er. On the pantry panel they have the GVWR as 14000 lbs but they also have something called
CCC = Cargo Carrying Capacity. Does anyone else have this on their lable, and if so do you know what impact it might have on the towing capacity of the vehicle we have, which is a 3500 Dodge Ram Diesel, long bed, quad cab, 2 WD?

Thanks for you consideration

Meadow Muffin

Gary B

Hi MM, the CCC is what you can carry in the 5er. The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating(GVWR) is 14000 lbs, what you need to know is what does the 5er weigh sitting enpty, lets say it weighs in at 11900lbs then the CCC is 14000-11900=2100 lbs. The CCC is 2100lbs this is what you can load into the trailer(food, clothes, fresh water, propane, and holding tanks water, & misc.)
Yes all rv's have a CCC, and it has more impact on the trailer. As for the truck you need to know the empty wt of the truck, the GVWR (how much it can carry) and the GVCWR(thats gross vehicle compined wt. rating. I don't know the figures for a Dodge so let just say the GVCWR is 22000 lbs and the GVWR is 14000 lbs and the emtpy wt is 8000 lbs. then what you do is figure what the wts are
Add: fuel say 35 gallons @7 lbs per gal=245 lb. then the 5th wheel hitch=150 lb, 2 passengers at (we'll just say 350) 350lb add this up and the truck weighs 8740 ready to go no trailer connected, next you need to know the 5er's pin wt generally about 15% of the trailer wt. so that =about 2100 lb. so the trucks gross wt = 10840 in good shape, now for the combines wt you really need to weigh the complete rig to know what it is. Hope this helps some.

:) :laugh: :cool: ;) :approve:

Meadow Muffin

Gary B

Thanks for the clear info. We have been living in it for a couple of weeks for a shake down and plan to move to Southern Calif for a month, day after tomorrow. I plan on checking at each place I stop to refuel to see if they have a scale to get it weighed and have some real numbers.

Once again thqanks for the info.

Meadow Muffin

Gary B

HI MM, have a good safe trip :bleh: . Somewhere along the way you should find a scale.
:) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve: