Cell One, A Deceptive Company!!!

mjstef

If your Fulltiming and move every few months for work don't go with Cell One!!!!

I started Cellular One service in Wisconsin in July last year. It was a 2 year contract. I had to go with them as Verizon had no coverage where i lived in Wisconsin. I had NO OTHER CHOICES! Well 3 weeks ago i moved to Montana. I wanted to do a market transfer and get a local # but when i called i found out that Cell One is not Cell One nationwide!! There is more than 1 Cell One as they are franchised and most do not transfer between each other!!

Now i am stuck with a GSM phone in a state with only Analog and Digital coverage and was forced into a nationwide plan which is 2X the $$ i was paying before with 2/3'ds the minutes i had on a local plan in Wisconsin!!!!!! My friend with Cell One out here has service where i don't even though were both with Cell One!! The only way out of the contract is to pay $20 per phone for the 16 months i have left in it!!!! That is $640!!!!!!!!!! I have transfered with Verizon 3 different times and never had this issue!!!

I think it is VERY deceptive for a company that uses the same logo nationwide to do this!! Just thought EVERYONE should know about there deceptive practices!! I am posting this on no less than 20 web boards with over 500,000 members between them. I hope it takes a bite out of Cell One's pocket as there sure taking a bite out of mine!!!!

ARCHER

BE NICE NOW.....WE ALL NEED A SHOULDER TO CRY ON ONCE IN A WHILE.. :sleepy:

C Nash

Guess it would be nice to never have anything to whine about. I agree with you mjstef. i also am stuck with one that will not work down here in the country but at least it will work in most of Alabama. great when you go in and they just tell you "that's tough" :angry:

janicenlarry

mj, looking back thru your posts, it seems like you have an anger management issue. It is OK to say something nice in these forums. :(

mjstef

I don't have time to sit on the net and chat and tell jokes. Used to but with 2 kids and a traveling job it doesn't happen. I use the net strictly for ideas and answers. I have gotten many of both. Thanks.

C Nash

mjstef, while I might agree that most of your post have been complaints I find it helpful to share bad experiences as well as the good and looking back at fulltimins post most of them are negetive or arguementive but I also gain experience and knowledge from them. :)

mjstef

"mjstef, while I might agree that most of your post have been complaints I find it helpful to share bad experiences as well as the good and looking back at fulltimins post most of them are negetive or arguementive but I also gain experience and knowledge from them"

I wasn't gonna get into that but your right. Most people come to the net for solutions not praises right?? :clown:

ARCHER

Well Folks, just have to say a few things on why I post and read on this forum. I was new to Class A RVing three years ago and didn't know much of anything regarding a big rig and what to do when things went wrong and how to prevent them from going wrong and how to fix them when they did go wrong. Three years later I am still learning a whole lot from folks that post here, both negative and positive and I hope that I have helped a few folks along the way with some of my suggestions and guidance. Based on the help and guidance I have received from people like Chelse and Gary B, and many more, I've saved a lot of bucks on repairs, etc. I have posted a few negative notes, not to seek support but just to let someone know that I had a problem and hope that they don't have the same problem. Most of my posts have been seeking help or trying to give help. I try NOT to use this forum as a pure complaint or bit.. site to just get things off my chest or to start a war on the net. This site, in my opinion, is the best one that I have found and I will continue to use it for help, guidance, assistance and mostly to get to be friends with folks that have a lot to offer and are willing to take their time to help all the rookies and salts with problems/issues. Keep posting whoever you may be and whatever you want to post, but make sure it is clean, honest and has something to offer to the rest of us fellow RVers. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;)

Poppa

READ BEFORE YOU SIGN :laugh: CINGULAR CELLUAR and CELL ONE ARE 2 DUFFERENT ANIMULES :cool:

Gary B, Chelse, Archer your Ideas on this forumn are concise and right to the point.

I am in here to learn and to share some of my old wisdom with the new arrivals as well as us old folks :approve: .

I get a kick out of some of the problems and questions. Hmmm I messed up and did that a time or two :laugh: .

No this is not a place to air tainted opinions, or ***** and belly ache about some did you wrong thing, because who knows the rest of the story. :(

C Nash

Poppa, let's not tell all our mess ups like the time I didn't read all the directions of sanatizing my fresh water system :eek: I just read where it said pour 4 gallons of "solution' in the fresh water tank well, no problem I just run over to Wally World and purchase 4 gallons of Clorex :eek: and pour all in the tank :eek: :eek: :eek: better half comes out and ask "what are you doing" :question: What does it look like I ask :angry: Says she, You dummy a solution means ONE cup of clorex mixed with a gallon of water :eek: I really knew better but for some reason had gone brain :dead: Guess I was just in a hurry to get on the road :approve: Shouldn't have to sanatize for several more years :laugh: :laugh: Anyone need any Clorex? I can dispense it straight out of the faucets :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Poppa

Yep did something similar myself :blush: . Only thing was in my haste I put a whole bottle of that smely blue stuff in the you know where :blackeye: . Precious had to potty on the road between stops and when she got back up in the co-pilots seat her eyes were watering and her perfume was rather strong :( . Yep dumb me asked "Woman what kind of perfume you have on" and about that time the coach was smelling good :blackeye: .

A little bit works good but sometimes a lot is trouble :dead: .

legalbeaver

We will soon be have our permanent home in central Oregon where I will also not be able to use Verizon anymore, Cellular One being the choice. I was glad to hear there can be problems with them...whoever they are. "To be forwarned..." and all of that. My suggestion to you is to climb the ladder as much as possible, "Let me speak to your supervisor!" over and over till you get to someone who gets paid more than $8.00 an hour or someone who actually cares about customers and has the power to do something. Then tell them you are making their customer unfriendly policy public knowledge to a large segment of the population, (all RV owners in the USA) via both Internet sites like this, and also all RV mags that have articles where you can do the same. Companies that do this stuff need to have their feet held to the flame. Also, you can often get help if you are POLITE AND FIRM and complain high enough up the ladder. Just remember, this can be a big, time consuming job. My experience with telephone companies is that they keep people with this kind of power under lock and key and hidden deep in caves somewhere under the polar ice cap. Lotsaluck!

the_vfox

We use Tracphone, easy to transfer when we move. You pay for minute cards as you use them. If you get a one year card with 150 minutes, the rate gets close to reasonable.

:C