CHANGING TRANS FLUID/FILTER

ARCHER

Got a 1989 31 Winne and it only has 8,300 miles on it. For the first 5,800 miles it was only driven between 10-15 miles each way to campground during the summer, so really low miles. When I bought it last year, I changed oil and oil filter, have changed gas (in-line) filter and will be changing air cleaner, PCV and carb gas filter soon.
Was trying to figure out if I should be changing the transmission fluid and filter with such low miles. I drove it to Florida from Indiana and back for the winter pulling a dolly w/honda on it. All worked great, except I had a clogged in-line gas filter on the way home (I had put carb cleaner in tank on the way to Florida and again before I left Florida..loosened it all up).
Suggestions? :shy:

Gary B

Hi Archer, if it were me I wait until it had 15000 miles and the change fluid and filter, replacing the ATF with Mobil 1 ATF, I changed our Ford Bounder (when we had it) over to Mobil 1 atf and seen a honest 10*F drop in tranny fluid temp. What you been up to? :) :laugh: :bleh: :approve:

ARCHER

Gary,
We've been out in Las Vegas for about a month. No, no seeing the sights or donating to the economy.
Our son and his wife had their first child (Kaitlin) on the 25th of July (our third grandchild). Little gal, weighed 9lbs 4 ozs and was 20 inches long. Daughter-in-law had to have C-Section so we've been helping out more than normal. Grandma really doesn't mind... :laugh:
Heading back to home base around the 12th of July.
thanks for asking. Hope all is well at your end and you're enjoying the summer.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Gary B

Glad to hear all is good thats a big granddaughter A BIG CONGRATS Mom & Dad & Grandpa & Grandma!!!!!!!!!! :eek: