Charleston, South Carolina

Shadow

Shirley wants to go, so who am I to argue! :) Will be going in mid Sept. Anyone know of any good campgrounds in the area? Things to do, etc? Tks,

H2H1

well Butch I can't say. My son lives in Charleston and in the Air Force there. He has been there for 171/2 years. If you need to know anything about Charleston let me know and I will get it for u. If you come thru Ga and stopping let me know, Maria and I will come visit for s few minutes

G

well butch for what i know about SC ,, which some will say "not Much" and since i am nobody anymore ,, i can agree with dennis ,, that CG is nice ,, have looked at it myself ,, but not my cup of tea ,, since u know i like to be near the ocean ,, but very nice ,, i would recomend it ,, but what do i know about SC ???

Shadow

Thanks for the info on the campgroud, looks very nice. Hollis our first two stops will be Baton Rouge and Biloxi. Not sure what we will find to do there. ;) The G/S map looks like it will have us coming in to Ga. on I-85 catching some of I-285 and then I-20 to SC.

H2H1

Butch if coming from your home in Texas, the shortest trip would be to hit I-10 to Jacksonville, then north on I-95 to highway 17, exit 17 that will take you into Charleston. Just remember that Charleston is BIG, and is divided up, you have North Charleston, Summerville,and Charleston Air Force Base.

akjimny

Butch - If you are passing thru Baton Rouge, you might give a shout out to Try2FindUs (Jeanie and Randy). When you get up to Anchorage, look me up.:):)

Shadow

So wish we could make it. Someday maybe. Tks Hollis, I put a couple of things to avoid when I mapped the trip. Will have to run it again.

try2findus

Thanks Jimmy! Yes, Butch and Shirley, definitely get in touch with us!! We'd love to see you! We'll find something nice to do. When will you be passing through here?

Shadow

Don't have a for sure date yet. But will let you know when we start packing. ;) Good to hear from you guys. Let us know of a good park nearby and we can get together. We can have a little chat about the LSU A&M game!!