Chat Room

G

I have heard that this place used to have a chat room ,, but IMo i think it might be the time to have one agian ,, i myself have been a moderator for a local bbs system and i was thinking about how everyone on here feels about trying another chat room thingy ,, i my self would be willing to over see it ,, if the current mods see fit ,, i would not want any mod privilages to the regular forums ,, just to over see the chat room or rooms ,, how about a vote from all u RVUSA people ,, but i want to want to let u know i am not trying to get in good with the mods ,, i was just hoping we could get an old thing going again ,, u know a place where it don't matter what the subject is ,, just kinda sit around and bs and everyonce in awhile we might talk rving ,, but since that is the purpose of this sight then ,, yes we'll talk rving and bs on the side ,, so i'm putting in my vote for a chat room ,,, howmany other than me,, out there are willing for the same :question: :question: :approve: :cool: ;) :) :bleh:

TexasClodhopper

Re: Chat Room

Two problems:

1. Too many timezones involved? (I can stay up later than Rod!)

2. Would it reduce posts on the regular forums? Would others be denied the benefits of your great wisdom?

730, I like the way you start posts like "Post about nothing ..." Those are like a chat room and users can ignore them real easy, too.

Kirk

I too think that the time might be a problem, but sure would take a look, if one should be started. I have only tried such a venue one time and didn't care a lot for it, but that also was quite some time ago, so......................?

As a fulltimer, we change time zones on a pretty regular basis so a good one for me would be difficult to do, so if you do this, just pick one and we will live with it and participate if it works for us. At the moment we are in Pacific Time but next week it will change to Mountain.

DL Rupper

Just keep the "Post about nothing" going. Start it new each week so it doesn't get too long. Start a new thread Monday "Post about nothing 2". Just an idea. then anyone that isn't interested can ignore it. :evil:

Shadow

I think DL's got it. With the post about nothing you can join in anytime. Three hours later, two days later etc.

G

well i tried Texes palce ,, and no one was there ,, but i think everyone is right :approve: we need to keep the post about nothing going ;) :approve: :approve: :approve: :) :)

Bty Tex i did save it to my favorites ,, so next time i'm there i hope someone will be on ,,,, but i do like it ,, where did u get it ???? if i may ask ;) :laugh:

TexasClodhopper

The chat room is part of my hosting domain. I just installed it so everyone that wanted to could get a feel for what you're talking about. Like I told Shadow, you would have to set up a schedule to make it work.

I'll leave it installed for a while so feel free to do that for the experience. I may or may not keep it there. I think most people don't have the time for a party line anymore.

G

when are u gonna be on there ,, cause i got scared ,, i was all alone :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

Yea u'r right ,, but gotta taning bed now so :dead: .. i can have a tan all year round and when i'm at the beach ,, they'll throw me out for being darker than the locals :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

rjf7g

I like the posts about nothing, too. Some forums would frown on that sort of thing, but it is easy enough to ignore if I don't have time and funny enough to get a laugh out of when I do.

TexasClodhopper

Becky, I'm just hurt all to pieces! We're being really serious, and you think we're foolin' around. :(

Nah, just kiddin'! :clown: