cheap memebership for rv parking

joycemok

i am new to rv.

i have heard before some couples they buy a year membership for $900 a year and they can stay in states park for free across the usa ( of course only certain parks under that membership ) for free 1 - 2 weeks.

do anyone has any information where to search these information?

or can anyone suggest any free rv park across us, and what is the website?

thanks

Texas_Camper

Re: cheap memebership for rv parking

If you can't afford to pay to park it, you have no business in an RV....
Who's going to pay to build the park? Who's going to furnish utilities to you free?????
DUH...??????

hertig

Another option is Passport America, which is $20 to $40 a year, and provides 1/2 off at member campgrounds. Some members limit the number of days you get the deal and others 'block out' various days, but it's worked for me so far. Seems to work 'better' in the Southwest than in the Northeast parts of the country.

DL Rupper

I use Passport America and like it when there is RV Park that is a member in the vacinty of my travels or at my final destination. I generally never go out of my way to go to a Passport America Park. Like John stated in his reply, there are limitations of when and how long they will let you park/camp, but most of the time if you are flexible they work.

utmtman

You could find BLM campsites, most are free, you could go to national parks and buy the golden passport that will allow you half price camping, you can get passport america that allows half priced camping at their parks as stated before me, you can get good sam which allows you 10 percent off participating good sam parks, you could get KOA that allows you 10 percent off at KOA, than you could also join many many other clubs and organizations that also allow 10 percent to 50 percent off as well.