Check Out My Article

Mudflat

Greetings, all!

Well, I hope this is an appropriate thing to do. I wanted to let everyone know that I've been published on the web. I am beginning to write RV related articles especially geared for novices. I'm doing this partly as a favor for a friend of mine who has just started a website for his business and partly to practice for my second career as a freelance writer (after retirement). If you are interested, go to www.sherrodrvcenter.com and click on "Customer Corner". Please let me know what you think. This is the second article in the series and it deals with tow vehicles so I thought it might be of some interest here.
Thanks.

C Nash

Re: Check Out My Article

Great article Mudflap. Thanks for sharing here on the forum. This question comes up quite often and most don't like to hear those that have been there tried that try to make them understand. A great article to refer them to. Welcome to the forum and hope you hang around to share your expertise.

TexasClodhopper

Hey! I know where Silsbee and Lumberton are! My son used to go there for high school band competitions. Howdy, neighbor!

Now, remember you asked what I think about your article. Great content. I wouldn't change a thing. It isn't easy to describe gear ratios without a bunch of diagrams, but I think you got it ok.

However, I don't like the look of the page. The font bothered my eyes, and I prefer shorter paragraphs.

Perhaps you don't have control of that, but someone at that site does.

Looking forward to more articles!

hertig

Great start, but there is a lot more to chosing a tow vehicle than the rear axel ratio. How to find the towing capacity of a vehicle and why that is often misleading. GVWR, GAWR, GCWR and pin weight, what they mean and how they are related to the REAL towing capacity. Verification of weights by scale. Short bed versus long bed, extended pin boxes and sliding hitches (fifth wheels only). Short wheelbases and their impact on towing. Diesel vrs gas. You might also want to touch on 4WD vrs 2WD and single wheel vrs dually, but that is less critical.