Checking In

mosshead

HI Folks: Just found this site. It's fun and informative. Boss and I own a 26 foot class A. Have been part timing for 10 plus years. Have heard good tips to the newbies but would like to add a few i consider essential. Rain is a gimme for the Pacific Northwest so I always carry a blue tarp, bungee cords and a length of rope. During a good hard rain if you discover a roof leak of any kind a blue tarp will be your most prized possesion. It also makes a good ground cover if you have to crawl under the rig to check on something. Mountain passes are a pain but go slow and watch our temp. I service my transmission every 2 years and have the brake fluid flushed at the same time. All heat related.

TexasClodhopper

Re: Checking In

Glad to see you here, Doug! Welcome!

Those blue tarps came in handy down here in Texas after that little blow we called IKE, too! :clown:

Heck, some folks still think they're a pretty good substitute for shingles! :clown:

H2H1

AS Tex stated welcome, I have 2 tarps, one is 12x24 for big occasion or needs and another is 6x8 just right for getting under the MH to change the oil lube and filter. But I have never thought about keeping them in the MH. Thanks for the suggestion.

brodavid

can not go camping without them, because when you need them where are they, it always seems like it happens in the middle of the night and pouring rain.