Chelse

Micah

Where is Six Mile ? Anywhere near Birmingham? We were in Pellham 2 times last summer stayed at a Good Sam park there. A real nice park by the way. We have a friend who lives near by. I wouldn't be surprised if we are up that way again this summer. I love bama, i've thought about moving up there but am not sure I could take the cold. Jerry

dennis1949

Chelse

six mile is just south of Birmingham. Would go ther to skinny dip when in High School.
It was 13 here Sunday morning in North Alabama.
Next time try Tannehill Historial State Park south of B'ham. We enjoy staying there and is a lot cheaper than Pelham KOA

Micah

Chelse

Team3360, Dennis, That sure is cold, i don't think my old bones would take to kindly to it. I'm orginally from upstate N.Y. but have lived here in Fl. for 30 years. I'll see about the state park next time we get up that way. We'll probably be up that way this summer. We picked up our trailer today. Didn't get home till dark , so it's out front tonite. Being that I'm not such a good backer upper I'l wait till day time to try and get it thru the 9 ft gate. into the back yard. Jerry

C Nash

Chelse

Micah, Six Mile is on State highway 25 10 miles south of Montevallo Al.. Look into Tannehill Park the next time you are up this way. They have hiking, fishing with a creek running through an a old Iron furnace and resturant. The Good Sam park is nice but kind of on the pricey side. Oak Mountain State Park which is near there is also ok and a lot cheaper. Good hiking trails and a BMX bike track. Also have Brierfield Park which is out if you like to really get away from everything. It has electric and water and a dump station.
Dennis you must have skinny diped in Six Mile creek. Used to be where we took our baths :laugh: . Where did you go to school?

dennis1949

Chelse

C Nash went to Ensley HS and wife went to West End. Now live in Decatur.
Has the rest. finally been rebuilt and open at Tannehill.
We stayed at Oak Mountain did not like it

C Nash

Chelse

Dennis, I have not been in the park but, we were by the entrance a couple weeks ago and they had a sign out that the furnace cafe had reopened. Don't know if it's in the same spot but will be checking it out soon. To those that may be planning on stopping there better ck ahead on trade day weekends. Campground is generally full. Even summer weekends are full sometimes. They also have rustic cabins for rent.
Dennis what did you not like about Oak Mountain? We have been camp host there.