Chevy dealer with a much deserved bad reputation!

DougP

The name of the dealer is Bill Heard Chevrolet. I was planning to buy a new tow vehicle from them, but have found out they have a lot of problems & like
to chisel on people. They have dealerships in several different states
and have pending litigation, in everyone of those states. Just Google
Bill Heard and litigation and you will see what I mean. The location I
dealt with is near Orlando, they advertise low prices as bait and switch
you to a more expensive truck. The dealer also seems out of control in terms of management. The FL Attorney General has a current investigation, into false
& fraudulent advertising, so stay away from this dealership.
:eek:

H2H1

RE: Chevy dealer with a much deserved bad reputation!

Hey Doug I know what you are saying. I live in Columbus GA where MR. Heard Sr. started the company. He passed it on to his son BH jr. who has now passed it on to his son BH III. Here in Columbus they make their money off the BACKS of the soldiers at Ft. Benning. I have purchased one new truck from them back in late 1999 for a new 2000 pu.. I went to another dealer and got a good price on the same truck , but since they was out of town I went to BH . they told me that if got a truck from another dealer that I might not get as good as service if I had gotten it from them. I threaten with a law suit if I didn't get the same fair treatment .I also had to file a complaint with the BBB about a bad spare tire bracket that would not let the spare down. It was out of warranty but never had to use it until I had a flat and it would not work. I did get it replace but with my extended warranty , plus my $100 deduct. which after several e-mail to the BBB Mr. BH III gave me my $100 back. I would never offer this company to anyone wishing to get a used or new vehicle. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP. CROOK LOOKING FOR A HOOK. Thanks Doug for passing this info along. happy traveling. Hollis

OldSoldiers

RE: Chevy dealer with a much deserved bad reputation!

What really bothers me is that Bill Heard is even allowed to deal with soldiers. The post commander has the authority (rarely used) to put the dealership totally "off-Limits" It's been done before.

*sigh*

:(

s.harrington

Re: Chevy dealer with a much deserved bad reputation!

Bill Heard SR. was just as bad as Jr. and III. 34 years ago a good friend of my fathers had problems in Colombus. That why my dad got his in Valdasta, Ga. Don't know if the dealer there is stillgood or not. He was a volume fleet dealer then(1973)

H2H1

Hey Sam it spelled Columbus and Valdosta, but anyway I guess we have all had a bad experience with car dealers no matter where you liveand we still keep buying.

C Nash

well, just a story from the other side: When I worked at a dealer we had a customer with a chevette that had a blown engine. HE purchased an engine himself used and asked the price for install which we quoted. The mechanic installed the engine but when hooking up the trans the engine was the wrong model. We told him he would have to either take the engine out or he could get a trans that would fit the engine. He said he would not buy a trans for us to pull the engine back out which we said the original price quote did not cover this and he would have to take the extra price to the wrecking yard to see if they would pay. He did nither just took the car and then proceeded to carry a sign in front of the dealership for 4 week saying we were a ripoff :laugh: . Thats the reason I always like to hear both sides but I have heard bad things about Heard Chevrolet. Some true some not JMO

H2H1

SO TRUE NASH, even the customers can be hard to deal with. but when given a quoted price for something why expect anything more.

Bob Vaughn

Bill heard was on the news here in Tampa for some of their antics in Plant City... :evil: