chevy tahoe

debra

Looking for towing capabilities of 1999 5.7 liter V8 Chevy Tahoe. Has factory tow package. Would like to know maximum trailer weight we can safely tow. (with sway bars etc) Can't find info on axle weights, so we'd just like a "ballpark" weight to stay within.

Thanks!

Les Adams

chevy tahoe

According to the Trailer Life tow rating for 1999 your vehicle is rated to #7000 if equipped with the 3:73 rear axle and HD cooling package, less if 4WD...

On a personal note I wouldn't consider much more than #5000 on this 1/2 ton chassis with it's relatively short wheelbase of 116"...

I wouldn't go much above a 22-24 footer unless your planning on using a premium antisway hitch such as the Hensley Arrow or Pullrite...

The RV Consumers Group recommends a minimum of 110" wheelbase for the first 20 feet of TT then add 4" of wheelbase for each additional foot of trailer...

Best Regards,
Les

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty, XLT SuperCab, 4X4 Off Road, SWB, V10/3:73LS/4R100 towing 1999 Skyline 27' Nomad, Model 2700, Pullrite Hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020 brake controller

C Nash

chevy tahoe

Hi Debra,
I agree with all the information Les gave you. Will the Tahoe tow more? Yes, safely no. If your Tahoe has the 242 axle I sure would not go over 5000 lb. (JMO)

Chelse L. Nash
fulltimer03@yahoo.com