Class A Slow Refueling

Old Forum Post

[Will] My 2000 Itasca Suncruiser (35 ft) is very slow to refuel after reaching about 3/4 full. Must raise the 2 jacks next to the pump to get full fuel (which raises eyebrows at the station). Ford & Winnebago have been pointing at each other for about 2 years, but no progress as yet has been released to customers. Understand that Winnebago/Itasca is not the only manufacturer involved. Anyone else have this glitch? If so, what have the manufacturers said? Any thoughts on remedies?

Old Forum Post

Class A Slow Refueling

[Barney] My daughter had a late 80s Safari that was extremely slow refueling and the real cause of it I suspected was that the fuel filler neck was virtually level with the fuel tank and I would suspect that this can be determined just by looking under your unit and if this is the case I would think that Winnebego being the out standing company they are would work towards a cure for you. The only other thing I can think of is the tank breather system is installed too far into the tank and if this is the case does fuel tend to come out of the breather system when you can no longer put fuel in the tank before you tilt the unit?

Old Forum Post

Class A Slow Refueling

[Butch] Had a &#039 99 Chieftain 35U for about 7 months that had this problem. The vent line was to long and looped down allowing splash fuel to remain in the line. Shortned and repositioned the vent line and fill tube,(for basically the same thing)and this corrrected the problem. Would then fill up completely with the nozzle wide open without the gyrations with the jacks. Happy motoring, Butch

Old Forum Post

Class A Slow Refueling

[Doug] I had the same problem with my 34&#039 Bounder. The long hose from the back bumper to the tank and no appreciable slope seemed to be the problem. I tried the jack trick too and it helped. Finally, I crawled under the rig and found that the air vent was a separate hose and it was slightly pinched by the cable wrap that held the filler hose in place. I did a little loosening of things and made sure that there was no sag in the lines. Now I can fill much better. I still have to run the last ten gallons or so on the slow setting however. But that is better than clicking a tenth of a gallon in at a time!