Class A WITHOUT TV In Cockpit?!?

Babyl80

Hi...
My husband and I are contemplating moving from a 5th wheel to a Class A, but one of the stumbling blocks we are running into is the placement of the television. We would like to find a make/model of Class A that has the television placed on a side wall in the main salon/living area. This is for 1) safety: we don't want a huge television to come crashing down on our heads if (God forbid) we should ever have a collision or rollover accident. And 2) watching the television is easier from across the room. Having the tv mounted in the cockpit means having to look sideways (we like to sit together on the sofa, which by necessity is always against a side wall).

So my question: how can we learn what makes/models of Class A have available the option of putting the television on a side wall, without visiting every manufacturer or sales outlet for every make of Class A RV?

Thanks.

ARCHER

Re: Class A WITHOUT TV In Cockpit?!?

Do your searching via the web sites of different manufacturers. SAves a lot of gas and motel bills. BTW, WELCOME

TexasClodhopper

I second the motion! Welcome to the forum!

Just a small comment to your question ... don't forget that TVs today may only weigh 50 pounds instead of 150 pounds! They will cause less denting of your noggin'! :laugh:

av8rix2

Winnebago has a Class A with the TV (a LCD) in the salon area. Just go to Winnebagoind.com and check the products.

hertig

I believe Country Coach has models with salon mounted TVs. I would not be surprised if most of the major brands have a floor plan or 2 that way.

C Nash

Georgetown also offers this floorplan but, I don't know if Georgetown makes a deisel

62Morgan

Tiffin has Allegro Bay TSB & upscale Phaeton models with salon TV. Here is a photo of one:"http://www.shermanrv.com/database/inventory_item.asp?id=373245"

Joel

Holiday Rambler Scepter and Monaco Camelot 40 and 42 KFQ floor Plans have tv's located mid coach. a nice 42 inch! Only small cabnets overhead bolted to the steel frame. I wont have one either with the tv in the cockpit!

Steve Bernard

RE: Class A WITHOUT TV In Cockpit?!?

If you want a great deal on a very well built Class a diesel, look at the Fleetwood Bounder 38' that has the floorplan you are looking for.
Call Niel's Motorhomes @ 818-891-0786. Talk to the owner, Tom Lindstrom and tell him Steve Bernard said hello!
He is one of the most honest people I have delt with and will beat anyone's price with no BS.

Steve Bernard
2008 Bounder 35E/Ford and loving it!

Unfortunately if the RV rolls over somebody is going to get injured. Goog luck finding your Class A, you will really enjoy the class A models !