Closed Gas Stations and gas increase of $1/gal?

Steve H

RE: Closed Gas Stations and gas increase of $1/gal?

Difficult to understand the fuel "situation" (at least for me!) All summer long we were near $5.00 for diesel. Today I paid $3.89 at a Shell station. "Gas-o-plenty" here in the northwest corner of WA state.

Best wishes, safe travels!

campers4u

Re: Closed Gas Stations and gas increase of $1/gal?

I filled up this morning 3.14 ( gas) here in Iowa, wish i could Help,,,,,,,

DL Rupper

Hot Dog, I just paid $3.75 for diesel yesterday in Bountiful, UT. That's the lowest since I left Ohio in Apr.

Drill Baby Drill while we still have a little time left. If we don't keep pushing new refineries, drilling our own oil, coal to oil, shale oil and nuclear energy we will find ourselves in greater peril. Russia is making a play for total energy domination of the world. They don't give a damn about GREEN ENERGY. We need to put people before the darter snails etc. Ask me what I really think. ;) :evil:

Shadow

So what you really think DL, :laugh: Did you catch Bidens age old response to drilling last night? Same oh same oh, will be ten years before we see any benefit ! How many years we been hearing that??? :evil:

DL Rupper

Hey Butch, we have been hearing the same old crap about drilling off-shore and in Anwar for at least 30 years. Drilling now may not lower the price of fuel immediately, but at least we will have our own oil when the crap hits the fan with all of our friends that have the oil we are importing.

Biden and Obama will stop off-shore drilling if they get in. Sarah was great last night considering she only had 5 weeks to come up to speed and Biden has been around in Washington for 35 years. :)

C Nash

well, if we wait 10 more years to drill want it still be ten years before it helps :angry: If they had drilled 30 years ago we would be 20 years to the good. :laugh: real hard for some in Washington to figure this out :eek:

ARCHER

Get a horse. Ride it to work. Let it doodoo while riding by the gas stations. Wave to the folks in the stations and just smile and keep riding. I just love horses.......... ;)

C Nash

Only problem there Archer is Rod and Shadow will charge 40.00 for a square bale of hay to feed the horse. :eek: :laugh:

ARCHER

Yes, but how many horse miles can you get out of a square bale of hay? If you don't overload the horse, I bet ya can get a lot.

TexasClodhopper

Well, at least then ya'll will start jumping on them instead of me when fuel prices go up! :clown:

DL Rupper

Relax Tex. I never jump on Big Oil. The problem is with the environmentalist's and their leftist fanatics in Washington or trying to be their leader in Washington. :eek:

raskal

I think I read somewhere that you can get 30 MPG out of Spotted Owl fat if they've been fed on a diet of Darter Snails! And, the owls themselves taste like chicken!

DL Rupper

See my pixs. Utah Oil Refineries have been located just North of SLC, Ut since before I was born. That's a long, long time ago. Thank goodness Utah residents haven't run them out of town. I used to live within 2 miles of a couple of them. Now there are homes surrounding them, but they are still there. In fact one of them has huge cranes in the yard. It looks like they may be expanding it. Couldn't get a pix due to the rain.

utmtman

Hey DL, when we went thru last month I noticed quite a few expansions. Used to see just the one at North Salt Lake there and the other one near bountiful now you see a cotinuous stream from the first one past the second.

DL Rupper

Lee, great to hear they are expanding. Diesel is fairly reasonable here. $3.75/gal with Smith's customer card. Take care and enjoy Arizona.

SnowbirdInFlight

Woo Hoo! Diesel in southern Illinois today at the BP station was $3.79! Lowest it's been in quite a while.