Coachmen Class C leaking like a sieve

cyoungpreston

I have a 1989 Coachmen Catalina Class C RV. The front of it (what juts forward over the hood of the truck) leaks like crazy. I've had it repaired, rebuilt, sealed ... you name it. It still leaks. If it were just a small leak, I'd give up and live with it. But it's significant. The upholstery above the driver and passenger seats is falling apart, and water pours down over the dash.

There HAS to be something I can do. Can anyone help?

Cyndi
Roanoke, VA

G

RE: Coachmen Class C leaking like a sieve

can u get access to the roof ,, not the roof that is installed inside ,, but the actual coach roof ,, it may mean tearing out some interior roof stuff ,, but it's kinda ruined anyway ,, i say this cause it may be the only true way u can find the leak ,,, i have way of finding it ,, but it requires a smoke machine and about 4hrs of labor ,,, IMO i would tear out (or have some one) tear out the area where it is getting wet ,, and then hose the roof down with a water hose ,, and have someone stand inside and look for water ,, u may be suprised ,, that the leak is no where close to where it is getting wet ,, let us know back on what u find ;) ,, and welcome to the forum :approve: :approve: :cool:

TexasClodhopper

Re: Coachmen Class C leaking like a sieve

You have to tear out that wet part of the ceiling anyway. You will be (are) having a mold problem.

rjf7g

Has Forest RV in Forest, VA (between Lynchburg and Roanoke on 460) looked at it? I have had them work on my class C and have been pleased with both the quality of their work and the price.

G

Beckey ,, u sly :evil: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Opps sorry ,, thought u were making a wise crack t some one we both know in VA ,, sorry :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :disapprove: :dead: :blush:

rjf7g

Ken, don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you! It's my class C and they did some body work for me. You are the only one I would even think about calling for my trailer! When I sent Russ and Jennie to you for similar work on their class C, I am told they were told you didn't do that kind of work (rebuilding bunks, etc.)...let me know if they are wrong!

I am still trying to land a sale for you with the guy who camps across from us...