Coachmen Freelander 21QB

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: Coachmen Freelander 21QB

Hate to break the news to everyone....the "old Coachman" does not exist....Coachman was bought by Forest River a couple of years ago....

DanMichSr

RE: Coachmen Freelander 21QB

This should finish up my problem with the generator on my 2011 CoachmEn Freelander 21QBC. I brought it back to the dealer today and they found the wire that was causing the problem. There was nothing wrong with the generator itself but the wires leading into it. They took pictures before they cut it out and then after it was out. They contacted Forest River Inc. and the same person I and the dealer have talked with will make sure that never happens again on the production line. Forest River will send a gas card to the dealer and they will forward it to me. I am very satisfied with the way I was treated both at the dealers and also with Forest River (Thank you Warren B.) :)

akjimny

Dan - Glad you got your generator problem fixed. Now, back to your questions about campgrounds, why not get a cargo trailer and tow your Gold Wing Trike? That way you would have something to get around on while camped without having to "roll the home" as it were.

The few places I've gone sightseeing had parking adequate for the motorhome, but I've never run across any campgrounds with shuttle service. But, then again, I've never stayed in any of those high end campgrounds. Too cheap. Maybe other folks will have more info. Post back and keep us informed. :) :)

DanMichSr

Thanks Jim, we will buy a trailer to haul the trike but it will be next year I guess. Now back to the Generator one last time. After they said it was all fixed I got home and was checking things out and wondered why the microwave wouldn't run with the generator running. I figured it had to be on a shore line but then again I check the recepticles inside the rv and none of them had any power with the generator running. To make a long story short. When the RV's come into the dealers the power cord that connects to a shore line is plugged into the plug in the box on the outside of the rv. They unplugged it at the dealers and never plugged it back in again. I had no idea being a first time rv'er that it was supposed to be plugged in. So back down again and another 140 miles round trip and they found that they didn't plug it in. This time they wouldn't cover for the gas even though I said it was because they didn't explain about the plug and that they never plugged it back in after they did the original service. All works now Air/Micro/Furnace/GasStove/ and I assume that the frig will be ok. I have the LP turned off now but it looks like it will run and will wait until the temp get a little warmer outside and try it out. I've tried to do allot of reading on this site and find that what most people are saying is that there are bugs to work out any new RV. I'm still getting use to driving it and find no problem with it except to be able to judge the distance when backing up. It will be better for sure once I can wash it and get the backup cam to stay clean for a day. It seems that all the road wetness/salt etc coming off the road coats the whole back end. Again thanks all of you for your help and kind words. My wife and I will travel around New England this year and next year take a month and go to Wyoming/Arizona or other places in that area for a month and bring the trike.

C Nash

Well sorry about the return trip Dan but if you had posted that problem here bet you would have got a fix. Pretty common problem for new rvers. At least you are taking in in good nature. Hang in there camping season is just around the corner and at least you will be a "seasoned driver".

:laugh:

akjimny

Don't feel bad, Dan. My motorhome spent three days in the shop our first trip out only to discover that was the problem. Generator worked fine as soon as it was plugged into the transfer box. :eek: :eek:

I know what you mean about the backup camera. Just have to live with it and clean it at every rest stop - and at my age, they come pretty close together, now.

Besides backing, you need to watch out when cornering. I clipped the rear bumper on a pickup truck when pulling into a parking lot. Inch further away I would have missed him completely. Inch closer would have been catastrophic.

Good luck and post back soon. :laugh: :laugh:

LEN

Since your MH is small, think I would look at a covered trailer for the bike with enough room for the Xtra's, camp chairs. BBQ and it will keep the bike nice and clean and dry.

LEN

Harvey

Dan My wife an I just prichased a freelander and like you we are newbies to the art of RVing we lived in tents for 35 years Im 63 she is 60 and like you its time for us to enjoy the new camping. Good Luck with you new toy. Oh if you get any tips on how to sanitize the water tank before your first trip let me Know

Elle

My husband & I bought our 21 QB last May and we love it. I will say we had to work out quite a few things and still need to get some things fixed on it. We also knew that we'd have to replace the cardboard window treatments soon...well that time is now and I have no idea where to look to get better quality curtains/blinds. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

C Nash

Welcome to the forum. I know you can get curtains at camping world or any good rv repair shop should be able to get them for you. Local uphoulsery shop may be able to make them. Blinds, maybe even might find some at Lowes. I know you can special order most any size. Think Big Bilko here on the forum may be able to give you some good info on blinds.