Coleman info needed

vettman74

I have a coleman mach 1 and a coleman mach 5 (both are the 7000 series).I have a 97 Bounder with the intellitech system-ECC. I'm having problems with the thermostat not turning on and off right and I have a a/c problem. My Mach 5 would draw too many amps and eventually shut off(after about fifteen minutes),but it would cool good. I took the run and fan capacitors and traded from the rear mach 1 and the front seems to be working okay drawing a little heavy on the voltage side but working(meter in the wall says running at 110-111 volts).Before the rear would run at 112-113volts. Now that I switched the capacitors out the rear won't kick the compressor it just keeps the shed light on.Can someone tell me the proper way to test and diagnos the problem? I have a fluke clamp meter to do my testing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mark

miket

Re: Coleman info needed

The Intellitec tells the system to shed when current draw is too high and there is not enough power for the rear unit. The Intellitec reads current flow in elec. panel and controls the shed lights. It also has a two minute cycle time ---

vettman74

RE: Coleman info needed

Thanks. I would like to be able to test the run and fan capacitor.Can someone tell me the proper way to test the capacitors? The front is running fine now,so one of the capacitors is bad. Since I have to take them apart again I want to test all the capacitors at once and replace any of them to get the other a/c working.

hertig

Re: Coleman info needed

Capacitance meter might be easiest. Also, capaciters 'resist a change in voltage across them', so can apply/remove voltage and watch on an oscilloscope. If they are big enough, might be able to see if they will 'store a charge'.

I suspect most test methodologies will require you to disconnect the capacitor from its circuit.