Condensation in Coach

JimE

I have a 93 Winnebago Brave and I have been using it on hunting trips to West Texas. The past few weeks it has been pretty cold, usually dipping into the teens at night. The heater works great and we all sleep comfortably, but there is a considerable amount of condensation that builds up on the windows when the heater is running. The problem is not while we are camped, but when we leave. Over the interior of the windshield on the Winnebago are metal strips about 3 inches wide. When I take off, I have water leaking onto the dash and down the side windows. At first I thought I had a leaky roof, but on this last trip it was dry, no rain no snow. I realized that the condenstation is building up in the those metal strips and holding there until the motorhome rocks back and forth and then it leaks out. Has anyone had this problem? Any ideas on how to fix it? I was thinking about applying some sort of insulation but would be afraid it would get wet and moldy.

C Nash

Re: Condensation in Coach

Jim do a search on condensation as this has been discussed before. You will probably have to use a dehumidifier and damp rid will also remove some of the moisture. How many are using the camper? Are there wet clothes in the camper? Are you cooking, using the shower? All this really adds moisture. Run the vent fan if showering even in cold weather. Are the windows dual pane? lots of reasons and these are just some that come to mind.

Steve H

RE: Condensation in Coach

It's a little harder to keep the condensation out while occupied but some things come to mind, most already mentioned! Keep a vent slightly open all the time or maybe a window cracked a bit. This really helps! While cooking use the range hood. Showering use the exhaust fan. Damp clothes/towels can be kept in a garbage bag for short periods before laundering. When the rig is vacant, I always run one of theseand always a couple of these. So far, no condensation problems regardless of weather conditions.

Best of luck!

ARCHER

Breathing really heavy will also cause condensation.
Remember when you were a kid and parked with your gal. Windows got fogged up, I bet. So who are you taking hunting? :evil: :laugh: ;)

C Nash

Better watch it Archer or we might get ideas on your wobble wobble :eek: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

G

that's good Nash :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

MAYBE A SIGN READING--- IF THE CAMPER IS ROCKING --DON'T COME KNOCKING WOULD DO

G

That was what Archer was saying ,, he just used wobble wobble for short :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek: :clown:

C Nash

Hung one on the outside of ours but it never rang :( :laugh:
How did we get from condensation inside to hanging cow bells. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Who says you can't get answers here? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)

JimE

Thanks for the laughs!! I'll do a search on condensation. Just for your info, the windows are single pane. I'll try leaving a window cracked up front, shouldn't bother me I am in the back bedroom!!

Thanks Again.

brodavid

Just leave a window open or a vent and should be all right.
They pick on each other just like this all the time. I love it, makes it one large family, and yes we do give out answers but sometimes we wander around abit,
msjackie, sittin in for brodavid who is in rehab today

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND LOVE TO ALL

THISTOYISHERS

Happy New Year, and msjackie tell dad to behave over the holidays,
love to all, I am in south Texas for the New Year, but will be heading towards your place as soon as we are finished with this job.