considering full time rv-ing someday....

julie1957

Hi! I'm a nu-bee and have a question. Anyone know if there are any rv manufacturers out there whose rvs are all designed for full time living? We hope to get into this at some point and are looking for a basic direction. anyone who has experiences to share is more than welcome to comment.... Thanks in advance. :laugh:

akjimny

Re: considering full time rv-ing someday....

Hi Julie and welcome to the RVUSA forum. You can full time in anything from a tent to a high end Class A Motor Home. All depends on your budget and what amenities you can't live without. All kidding aside, most any of the Class A motor homes, 5th wheel trailers or Airstream-type trailers can be used for full timing.

The motor home is (again, depending on budget) going to have more goodies such as washer/dryer, convection oven, etc. The downside is cost and you will probably need to tow a "toad" (small car for around town trips).

A fifth wheel or regular travel trailer will also work for full timing - many people do in them.

The driving factor (for me anyway) is budget. When I win the lottery I'm gonna buy that 45 foot Newell coach and hire my brother-in-law to drive me around in it. That'll be the life.

Hope I haven't confused you too much. Post back and let us know what you decide. :) :) :)

Jim's right, there is no one brand that you see more than others. What you might want to focus on is what can you afford and what kind of tow vehicle you have. Class A's are nice, but if you have to take it into the shop, your house is in the garage. That's true with any of them, but with a travel trailer or 5th wheel, you at least still have a truck. If the truck is in the shop, you still have somewhere to live.

They all have their quirks, they'll all need maintenance, just like a house. But this is a house you periodically bounce down the road. Things loosen up, they break.

It's a lifestyle that takes some adjustment.

DL Rupper

Top of the line 5th wheels are generally considered 4 season RV's. Check out Carriage, Excel, Hitchhiker, Sunnybrook.