Converter location

Kayaker

We have a shortage of available RV techs so I'm trying to check my converter myself but can't locate it. Wondering if anyone might know this for a 2008 Fleetwood Prowler 250 RLS trailer.
Battery is good but converter is not charging it. Want to check for 120 going in and 13.86 going out for battery charging.

Cavie

Sorry no one answered you. On or near/behind the 120 volt circuit breaker box. If it's working you will be able to hear the fan run.

Jack Hall

Possible workaround- I got a small (6amp) smart charger from Harbor Freight for less than $30. It monitors the ctate of charge of the battery and tapers the charging rate as the battery becomes charged, finally going to a "float charge " condition when it is fully charged. That is ALL I plug in when the trailer is just sitting. On a prior trailer, I left it plugged in for months, and the converter killed the battery. When I talked to an RV tech about it, he said "Yeah- trailer converters are notorious for boiling a battery dry and killing it". I suspect that newer trailers (made after 2018 or so) have probably addressed this issue by making the converter "smart", but this is just a guess.