Cost of miles per gallon

Tassiedevil

Could someone please tell me approximately how many miles per gallon you would get in a C Class 25' long, I know it would depend on the size of the motor but as we havent bought it yet we don't know, but it will be around 6000 cc V8, we are just after a rough idea. Thanks folks, I hope you all had a wonderful christmas, as we spent ours in Sydney it was pretty hot and still is,

Krazeehorse

Cost of miles per gallon

My guess would be around 8 MPG if you aren't towing another vehicle. Probably drop to 6 if you tow. That sound close to the rest of you guys? :blush:

Grandview Trailer Sa

Cost of miles per gallon

I honestly don't know the answer to your question. I think your question is too broad. Narrow it down, like the model and engine size you are thinking about. Someone then might have an idea. Good Luck

Kirk

Cost of miles per gallon

I will make a guess, like the others. If we assume that you are looking at new, to three years old, it should be able to get near 8 mpg. That also assumes that you drive conservitively. If you drive between 60 - 65 mph and no rabbits starts. Realize that every 5 mph increase in speed will cost 10% decrease in mpg. Also towing a vehicle will cost from 1/2 to 1 1/2 mpg depending upon the weight of the toad.

Tassiedevil

Cost of miles per gallon

Thanks for the information, we definately won't be towing anything and we are pretty converative drivers. It gets a bit complicated as we use kilometers not miles and litres not gallons, and when we did use gallons( we changed to metric in the 60's) we used imperial gallons which is different to a US gallon. thank goodness for calculars. Also if we are looking to buy an RV in June are some states better to buy in than others. Thanks again for your input, happy New Year from down under, we are having a very hot one, weather that is!!!

Tassiedevil

Cost of miles per gallon

Wow I should have read my message before putting it on the forum, sorry about the spelling mistakes, I think this heat has cooked my brain bye bye

Springer

Cost of miles per gallon

As a Canadian we too are on the metric system. We travel mostly in the USA in the winter so the conversion is now automatic. We have had large motor homes 36 to 37 feet and smaller 24 to 26 feet. Believe it or not the mileage varied little. We got between 6 and 7+ per gallon US gallons. These had engines 454 and 460 cubic inches and we also travel at 55 miles per hour or 90 KPH, this seemed to be the most fuel efficient.

Springer

Cost of miles per gallon

As a Canadian we too are on the metric system. We travel mostly in the USA in the winter so the conversion is now automatic. We have had large motor homes 36 to 37 feet and smaller 24 to 26 feet. Believe it or not the mileage varied little. We got between 6 and 7+ per gallon US gallons. These had engines 454 and 460 cubic inches and we also travel at 55 miles per hour or 90 KPH, this seemed to be the most fuel efficient.

Springer

Cost of miles per gallon

Tassiedevil

Cost of miles per gallon

Thanks Springer, I know it's hard to help us with this as we haven't got the RV yet but we are trying to get an idea of how much our weekly costs will be ,averaging about 150km/day I know that doesn't sound like much but I'm sure we will be staying in some places for days and not doing many klms at all.I know like Australia there can be great distances between some places but we are really going to play this by ear,we have ordered a stack of travel pamplets for the US and are going to Travel some of their routes. Thanks again for your help,regards Sue and Brian Happy New Year from Tasmania :)

turnipbwc

Cost of miles per gallon

Man, after reading what a class C gets I am glad I have my class B where I get 16 mpg on a trip.
turnip

SnowbirdInFlight

Cost of miles per gallon

Wow! We get 11 mpg towing our 38ft travel trailer with our 3500 Dodge Ram 4X4 Dually going 50 mph. We always do 50 mph on highway or interstate. We just take our time, enjoy the scenery and get where we're going relaxed! :)

Thumper

Cost of miles per gallon

I too live in Canada. I pull a 26 ft Kodiak lightweight with A 2001 Chev Astro 4.3l I get about 11 to 12 mpg at about 50 to 60 mph. There is a heads up display in the headliner that converts it all for me. Makes it real easy. When it comes to it though I would rather spend the money in gas towing a trailer than putting gas in it to goto work. :laugh: Happy Rving

C Nash

Cost of miles per gallon

We tow a Tracker behind the MH and it (the tracker) gets GREAT mpg :laugh: