cruise control - 1999 Pace Arrow / F53 chassis

BigJoe

HI @ all,

my cruise isn´t working any more. Last year I had a fire in the main harness. It was repaired from a RV doctor at a campground because engine didn´t start any more.
After he was gone I found that the cruise was´nt working .

Does anybody know where I can get a wiring diagram for the cruise?

LEN

Since it is a Ford and all the systems should be standard Ford. It might be a whole lot EZer to just install an aftermarket Cruise.

LEN

BigJoe

Thank, LEN. But because I´m german my english isn´t very well. What does EZer means and could you senk me a link for example what kind of cruise do you mean?
And yes, all is Ford.

Joe

LEN

EZ = easy There are stand alone cruise controls for add on aftermarket. They come with a speed sensor and a control for the steering wheel and a power unit that controls the amount of throttle. Google your make and model and there are many options.

LEN

akjimny

Big Joe - Ford had a number of recalls on their cruise control wiring. I had to take my truck in for one. You might be able to get your Ford delaer over there pay for the fix or a replacement.

C Nash

Most any good ford dealer should be able to find the problem. may just be a simple wire left off. Did the tech replace the complete wiring harness?

BigJoe

Thank you all for your tips.
@Nash: No, he repaired only the melted wires.
@Jim: Yes, I will talk about that with a Ford dealer, thanks!
@Len: I think I will try to repair the cruise.
I will check all wires before I go to a Ford dealer, perhaps one wire is melted, too.

BigJoe

Thanks, but I´m afraid you have to wait a long time, because the motorhome is just for vacations when I´m in the US.
And that will not be before July 2013.
And before I have to find a cheap insurance, last year I nearly paid $800, although I used it only for 4 weeks:(

Joe

C Nash

Joe check into a insurance co that will insure just when traveling and still have the unit insured when storage. Think Good Sam offers this.

BigJoe

C Nash;81489 said:
Joe check into a insurance co that will insure just when traveling and still have the unit insured when storage. Think Good Sam offers this.

I asked for a quote last year but they don´t insure non americans :concern:
But I will ask again :)