Cruise Control Problem

spitfirepete

When using cruise control on my 2003 Workhorse, the transmission downshifts on climbing even a slight incline. Much more sensitive than any cruise control I have ever used. the dealer says this is normal but I have a hard time believing that. Any one had and solved this problem??

Peter Batchelar.

Gary B

Cruise Control Problem

Hi spitfirepete, welcome to the forum, boy I wish I knew the answer, on my F-350, it would pull down about 7 / 8 mph then kick off giving plenty of time to shift out of OD, then the servo motor failed and was replaced, now it shifts if it looks like there might be a hill somewhere, it drives me nuts. I've checked to see if they installed the right servo, they say yes, I tried to find out about adjusting the sensitivity, they all say you can't. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve:

C Nash

Cruise Control Problem

Hi spitfirepete,
Like that handle :laugh: . Never flew one of them Spitfires by any chance did you? :eek: From the way you say the cruise is working, have to say that they are probably correct :( . hate those cruise and very seldom use unless on flat roads. Probably works that way due to ratio of drivetrain. Guess you have the Allison transmission which I am not familiar with but, maybe the Allison man can give you more info.

GLSmock

Cruise Control Problem

Garyb:I have a touchy od in my Hurricane 460 v8 ford.If my travels get hilly i simply turn off od tranny.When it levels out some (interstate)then i turn it back on,seems to save alittle gas too.GL :laugh: ;)

Gary B

Cruise Control Problem

Hi GL, I think you are right on but I'm lazy when I get behind the wheel and like to just sit back. I guess what gets me is I liked the way it worked before, OH well I have this theory that if you leave the CC off you just may save a little gas, maybe I'll check it out in a couple of weeks when we are heading south. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: :approve: :evil: